Intellitouch no longer turning Mastertemp heater off

C,

Go look at the pic of the chips in your post #13. Notice the little half-moon depression on one end of the chips???

It looks backwards to the way you installed the chips in your post # 19.

Edit.. not sure if that will blow the chips up or not.

Where is Tom, @ogdento when you need him?? :poke:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Oops my bad, all fixed and facing same way near triangle. Panels all working!!!! But I'm back to my original issues with the heater. Currently it won't power up at all. Which is worse than the original issue with the heater not turning off when it was supposed to. Could this be a cable issue between panel and heater?

Attachments

• IMG_3485.jpg
    IMG_3485.jpg
    584.4 KB · Views: 3
C,

Ok, let's start over.. Go short the gas heater connection at the EasyTouch end. This is exactly what the EasyTouch would do to turn on your heater.

When you connect the two gas heater pins, the heater should run. If it does not run the problem is not the EasyTouch.

Obviously, there has to be water flow through the heater and the heater has to be set to full hot and be on.

I suspect that you might have blown the 24 VAC fuse inside the heater that sends the voltage to the gas heater pins.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Guess what I found, loose wire from heater connection. I must have jarred it loose with all the work on the board. Fixed that, heater came on, and it seems to be turning off. Everything is working again. Thanks for all the help, much appreciated!!!!

Reactions: guinness
C,

Glad we were able to help... And glad your heater is up and running... :goodjob:

We are all volunteers, but running this website takes money for servers, maintenance, etc. You should think about supporting us, so that we don't go dark.:(

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.