Intellitouch low voltage circuit breaker tripping.

Checking online, is there a difference between uln2803A and uln2803APG I need to be aware of? They appear to list them interchangeably.
I'm not a pool expert but they look to be the same, maybe an electronics engineer would know the difference. Even Amazon list them the same. Curious to see what you find out, as I am still learning from the pros on here. Hope it works for you.

Transistors in. Powered up board. No tripping. Powered down and connected all the sensors, controls and relays. Powered all breakers up. No tripping. Tried to turn on pump. Nothing. Well, not nothing, swearing.
Opened up panel a stared menacingly at the board with my best Clark Griswold expression. Tried to turn on pump again. Eureka! pumps running. I guess the remote needed some time to transfer it's config to the system again.
Thanks you for your help gentlemen. My youngest son is so happy he no longer needs to be my pool stirrer when I dose the pool.

Reactions: Fishy1234
That's great news. Glad to hear your story has a positive outcome.
Transistors in. Powered up board. No tripping. Powered down and connected all the sensors, controls and relays. Powered all breakers up. No tripping. Tried to turn on pump. Nothing. Well, not nothing, swearing.
Opened up panel a stared menacingly at the board with my best Clark Griswold expression. Tried to turn on pump again. Eureka! pumps running. I guess the remote needed some time to transfer it's config to the system again.
Thanks you for your help gentlemen. My youngest son is so happy he no longer needs to be my pool stirrer when I dose the pool.

That's great news Oz, glad we could help! Those transistor arrays blow up quite a bit and I'm glad they decided to socket them.

Also, whenever I re-power my system (intellitouch and pump together), I have to reset the Intellitouch before it will talk to the pump.

Reactions: Fishy1234
Sorry for resurrecting an old thread but I had to say thank you. THANK YOU! This thread saved me from having to buy a new board or a rebuild. I had the exact same symptoms and the transistors did the trick for me as well. Just made my weekend!

Reactions: ogdento

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
THANK YOU! This thread saved me from having to buy a new board or a rebuild.
We are glad you have found our information helpful. Please, if you can, consider making a donation to TFP. We are staffed by volunteers and are registered as an IRS 501 (c) (3) charity and donations are what keeps the forum operating without advertisements.

Support TFP!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.