IntelliTouch lost connection

ron168

Jun 27, 2008
Moved from here.
Hi this happened to my system while away this weekend when it stopped being able to control my pumps. My pumps no longer say Display not Active and I can not control them using ScreenLogic. I would love to here what the Pentair rep says on your issue. My system is old (7/2009 install). What should I look for to try and troubleshoot this issue? (Sorry to hijack, but I can start a new thread if needed)

Ron,

We see this question quite often...

1. Does ScreenLogic turn anything else on and off?? I suspect it does not, meaning the RS-485 com port is not working.
2. Turn off all the power to the system and then disconnect everything from your Com port except one IntelliFlo pump. This includes ScreenLogic, so it will not work..
3. Turn the power back on and see if your connected pump says "Display Not Active".. If the pump says "Display Not Active", then something is loading the com port down.
4. Connect one item at a time back to the com port, until you find the bad component that is cause the com port not to work.

Keep in mind that you should never connect or disconnect the com port connections with the power on.. It will not shock you, but cost of a new board will.. :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Last edited:
Reactions: MyAZPool
Thanks Jim,

1. No, doesn't work on any operation.
2. When I originally turned the power off and back on, the Screenlogic no longer works (can't connect) and the Controller itself does not work. It powers on but the buttons do not work.
3. I powered it back on without the controller/Screen logic connection. This worked for the pump.
4. After several iterations, I discovered that the cable from the com port to the controller(in the house) is the issue. Not sure how that broke. I will be replacing the cable or get something for a wireless set up for the brick.

Thanks again for the assistance.

get something for a wireless set up for the brick

I followed the method shown in the above thread. Works great.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.