gregorym59

Oct 23, 2021
Estero, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Recently had an IntelliFlo VSF pump installed. I have a Pentair EasyTouch PSL4 w/ Screenlogic. Installer didn't seem to know a to about the screen logic interface but he did successfully get things connected. I noticed in the ScreenLogic Config app (on iPhone and also laptop version) when selecting the VSF pump on the Setup IntelliFlo tab does not include a Priming Parameters option, but rather has something called Background Filtering that is greyed out (can't select). Apart from selecting the IntelliFlo VS pump option instead of the IntelliFlo VSF pump option can anyone tell me how I can get into the priming parameters via Screenlogic Config with the IntelliFlo VSF pump selection or what Background Filtering means and why it is greyed out? Thanks.

Here's a screenshot of the Setup IntelliFlo tab.

IMG_8746.PNG

From Pentair Automation Systems - Further Reading

VS pumps like the Pentair IntelliFlo have their own internal priming cycle. The pump can sense when it is primed and stop the priming cycle. The pump control panel has priming settings.

Pentair automation like the EasyTouch and IntelliCenter also have priming settings.

With the Pentair IntelliFlo VS pump having priming settings, and the ET or IntelliCenter having priming settings, neither one overrides the other. They both run, first the pump's internal prime routine, then the ET's or IntelliCenter. Unless the user is smart enough to change that.

The shortest time the ET or IntelliCenter prime can run is 1 minute, and it doesn't know whether the pump is primed or not; it just runs for the specified time. On the other hand, the pump itself can realize it's primed in 3 seconds. You can set the prime time on the ET to 0 minutes and the pump will no longer noisily and unnecessarily prime for a minute

From Pentair Automation Systems - Further Reading

VS pumps like the Pentair IntelliFlo have their own internal priming cycle. The pump can sense when it is primed and stop the priming cycle. The pump control panel has priming settings.

Pentair automation like the EasyTouch and IntelliCenter also have priming settings.

With the Pentair IntelliFlo VS pump having priming settings, and the ET or IntelliCenter having priming settings, neither one overrides the other. They both run, first the pump's internal prime routine, then the ET's or IntelliCenter. Unless the user is smart enough to change that.

The shortest time the ET or IntelliCenter prime can run is 1 minute, and it doesn't know whether the pump is primed or not; it just runs for the specified time. On the other hand, the pump itself can realize it's primed in 3 seconds. You can set the prime time on the ET to 0 minutes and the pump will no longer noisily and unnecessarily prime for a minute
Thanks for the reply. I have the VSF pump and trying to figure out why it doesn’t have (or I can’t find) priming settings using the ScreenLogic app. As per the screenshot I posted it has seen thing called Background Filtering that is greyed out (can’t select).

Thanks for the reply. I have the VSF pump and trying to figure out why it doesn’t have (or I can’t find) priming settings using the ScreenLogic app. As per the screenshot I posted it has seen thing called Background Filtering that is greyed out (can’t select).

Maybe @Jimrahbe can explain the ET side.

Greg,

ScreenLogic is used by the EasyTouch and the IntelliTouch.. There are things the IntelliTouch can do that the EasyTouch can not do..

I suspect that "Background Filtering" is just one of them.

ScreenLogic can't really do anything that the main panel can't do..

As far as I know you cannot adjust the priming from the EasyTouch, it has to be done at the pump.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Greg,

ScreenLogic is used by the EasyTouch and the IntelliTouch.. There are things the IntelliTouch can do that the EasyTouch can not do..

I suspect that "Background Filtering" is just one of them.

ScreenLogic can't really do anything that the main panel can't do..

As far as I know you cannot adjust the priming from the EasyTouch, it has to be done at the pump.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thanks Jim. If I go into ScreenLogic Config and when I select pump if I select IntelliFlo VS instead of IntelliFlo VSF (which is what I have) it allows me to connect and operate the pump and it has the Priming Parameters option where via ScreenLogic I can adjust the priming settings (speed, etc.) and I can also control the pump speeds for pool and spa use. However when I select IntelliFlo VSF pump that is when the ScreenLogic config displays the greyed out Background Filtering option. What I’m trying to figure out is when when I select the “wrong” pump it enables me to access priming functions but when I select the pump I actually have (VSF) the priming option doesn’t exist. If it will help I can switch my configuration to an IntelliFlo VS and take a screen shot to illustrate the difference but I’m ultimately trying to figure out how to control the pump I have via ScreenLogic. Seems kind of odd to me that Pentair would enable an end user to control priming on one pump (VS) via ScreenLogic but not another (VSF).

if I select IntelliFlo VS instead of IntelliFlo VSF (which is what I have) it allows me to connect and operate the pump and it has the Priming Parameters option where via ScreenLogic I can adjust the priming settings (speed, etc.) and I can also control the pump speeds for pool and spa use. However when I select IntelliFlo VSF pump that is when the ScreenLogic config displays the greyed out Background Filtering option. What I’m trying to figure out is when when I select the “wrong” pump it enables me to access priming functions but when I select the pump I actually have (VSF) the priming option doesn’t exist.
I suspect this is because the VSF - unlike the VS - can perform the priming automatically in real time thanks to its ability to sense and adjust the flow rate. No outside parameters needed. The VSF should be priming properly all by itself. Is it not doing so?

@gregorym59

What I love about this site is that I learn something almost every day... I've been in ScreenLogic Config about a million times and I never noticed the pump priming tab.. But just like you said, there it was.. Thanks for the heads up..

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.