vikinglll

Feb 13, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I currently have a wfds-8 whisperflo 2 hp 2 speed pump, which has died. I wanted to replace it with the same but Amazon and my local stores don't have it in stock.

I started reading about Pentair intelliflo VS 11018 and it looks like a good prospect.

I have several considerations though:
1) Whoever set up the pump (for the previous home owner), left no room for cutting and joining pipes. The plumbing is essentially a bunch of couplings connecting the pump to the filter. Is the intelliflo body same as whisperflo (my idea is to keep the same plumbing and volute, only replace the back end).
2) I currently have a Polaris 380 with a screeching booster pump, which I would like to replace. Will the polaris 380 run on the intelliflo. I don't mind buying a new cleaner (like Pentair LX5005 Kreepy Krauly Legend II, which doesn't need a booster. Is this a good cleaner like Polaris 380.
3) My wiring currently includes a T104 timer with a relay switch to toggle from high to low speed. There is a toggle switch that brings the pump on at low speed, the T104 timer with the relay then switches the high on/off, and also turns the polaris booster off when it goes to low again (Polaris booster has to be turn on manually with a toggle switch). What would be the best way to rewire this or reset this arrangement.

I am sorry for the long post, but thanks for reading. If you have any time for adding an input, I will be delighted and highly appreciate your help.
Best

Hey Viking,
I'll take a crack at 1 and 3:

1. I had a copy of the intelliflo and whisperflo manuals and got the volute/housing part numbers... the intelliflo has 350015 while the whisperflo shows 3 part numbers 357157 (for canada only), 350015 and 357149. Is there a part number on your whisperflo's housing? Download those two manuals and check out the "replacement parts" section.

3. The intelliflo's electrical connection is completely different from the whisperflo - the intelliflo has a panel where you can set a schedule that includes pump speed and duration so you won't need the old setup with the relays and timer to run the intelliflo, but you might still need it for your booster if you keep it. The intelliflo does have a quick clean mode button that will run the pump at a preset speed (defaults to top speed of 3450rpm)... I don't really know cleaners, so I'm not sure if that will run yours. If you still need a relay or two on your system, you could pick up a used suntouch for cheap online and have that run the pump and cleaner.

Tom

Tom, thanks for your time and reply.

I reviewed the whisperflo manual and it too describes two different part numbers for before and after 1998. The only question is to decide when my pump was made. Based on the metallic clamp style lid, I am making a bet that it was before 1998. So I guess I will have to replace the whole pump.

Normally it would not be a big deal.....except the guys who installed and/or repaired the pump made connections from the discharge end of the pump to the MP valve/filter with mostly couplings (there is not even 1 cm of pipe in between to cut and attach a new coupling).. The worse thing is one of the coupling is glued flush with the multiport valve.

Question is how do I redo all this plumbing? Any thoughts?

Also after reading the forum I am thinking I might just get rid of the polaris 380/booster and buy a dolphin. I know people rave about S300. But it is not available online at amazon etc. Is the nautilus /triton anything as good?

Thanks

If you are interested in a Dolphin robot, call Marina Pool Spa in Denver. They sell them via phone orders.
No internet selling of the primary line of Maytronics robots are allowed.

I'm not sure how you can fix that plumbing... if you post a few photos maybe someone will have a good idea?

I'm not sure how you can fix that plumbing... if you post a few photos maybe someone will have a good idea?

I was not too sure if I would get attention regarding the plumbing issue, so I started a new thread...(sorry about that :(
Pump plumbing dilemma

but here is the same pic

Attachments

• thumbnail_angled side view.jpg
    thumbnail_angled side view.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 8
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.