Cosmok71

Apr 30, 2022
Chambersburg, PA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
My Intellichlor power center keeps blowing the 10A fuse inside. It has been running fine, but today the salt cell was not lit up. I have replaced the fuse and disconnected the salt cell from the power center. The fuse does not blow when cell is disconnected. I measured the voltage coming out of power center to salt cell to be 27.8 V and I know it is supposed to be between 35-40. So, is the problem the salt cell or the power center? Help please!!

The 35-40 volts DC is what my system puts out. I am not sure how low that voltage can go before not being enough for the cell.

But, if the voltage was too low to run the cell, I would not think it would pop the fuse.

I suspect that the cell is bad. Just correlating what I see here, the IntelliChlor SWCGs tend to fail two ways... One is that the cell light starts to flash even when the cell is clean and of course the cell makes no chlorine. And two, the cell tends to pop the breaker or fuse.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: VetteBlue

The 35-40 volts DC is what my system puts out. I am not sure how low that voltage can go before not being enough for the cell.

But, if the voltage was too low to run the cell, I would not think it would pop the fuse.

I suspect that the cell is bad. Just correlating what I see here, the IntelliChlor SWCGs tend to fail two ways... One is that the cell light starts to flash even when the cell is clean and of course the cell makes no chlorine. And two, the cell tends to pop the breaker or fuse.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thanks! I switched to an ozone system and just got rid of the problem. We bought the house last year and I think that cell has been used for a while.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.