Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hi,

I’m about to begin my installation of the IntelliChem and an acid tank. I’ve read numerous threads, TFP further reading on this and the install manual. The manual is ok, but the diagrams are not great especially with the latest hardware being provided. Like the new placement to the low flow sensor with the flow cell sensor intake line.

Would it be possible for those that installed the IntelliChem in the last ~2 years to post a few pictures? I would like to see more of what you did.

Thanks,

Tony

Last edited:
Information on this page may be helpful and youc an follow the reference links at the bottom to various threads about the IntelliChem.

Thank you for this. I did read through, but not many installation pictures and none based on the latest IntelliChem hardware being provided.
Best regards

Tony

Hi,

Most documentation recommend to plumb the Acid feed after the heater (and heater by-pass) and at least 12" before the SWCG. That is going to be difficult to do in my setup. Will it be a problem if I plumb the acid feed at least 12" after the SWCG?
Secondly, I've 2 options for the flow cell Intake and returns. The intake will be after the filter and the return can either be: a) 5' further down, with 3x90 degree, 1x45 degree and a FlowVis between or b) 8' down (directly after the acid feed - depending on the answer to the question above), with 5x90 degree, 1x45 degree, the FlowVis, the SWCG and Acid feed between. b) is my preference, any concerns especially if directly after the acid feed?

Any guidance will be much appreciated.

I wrote about my install here: Intellichem install updates

I plumb the acid feed before the SWCG because I read some where that the acid helps with reducing the amount of calcium build up in the SWCG. That's the way the plumbing is shown in the documentation for both IntelliChem and IntelliPH. I don't recall 12 inches being required and don't know of a reason why you can't plumb it after the SWCG.

Why can't you plumb the flow intake after the filter and the return at the heater outlet (but before the acid feed)?

Thanks @scchan1w for your insight. In the end I did plumb the flow intake after the filter and the return after the heater bypass. Acid dosing was installed about 18” after the SWCG. I did not have space prior to the SWCG and did not want to do major plumbing rework to achieve this.

Here is a picture of the final installation

Pic2.jpgPic1.jpg

Pic3.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.