Las Vegas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I have just installed the Intellicenter for my pool controls and I am trying to get the wifi connected to the internet. I was able to go to connect to a wireless network and was able to see my network connection and input the password. Once the antenna reboots I go to the internet connection test and get an error message that says Unable to resolve host URL. Check network settings in Configure Network > Configure Ethernet window. The DHCP is set to the default on. I also went on my wifi network and was able to see that the wireless antenna for the Intellicenter was connected to my network but I still couldn't connect to the internet. I have tried pushing the reset button on the front of the panel resetting the system and still have the same issue. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Welcome to TFP.

What router and wifi equipment do you have?

@MyAZPool may be able to help.

schu48

Given the provided information, sounds as if it should work. It doesn't sound like a connection problem but more like some sort of DNS resolution issue possibly.
These are difficult to troubleshoot given the hundreds of different WiFi router configurations and never knowing just how the user has them configured in their settings menus.
If it were me, I would give Pentair Tech Support a call and let them run through their IntelliCenter WiFi troubleshooting scripts with you. This is typically the kind of stuff that they are pretty good at.

And I don't have a Wi-Fi Link Kit (Primary Client Bridge) (P/N 522475Z), as I use a direct connection, so it will be hard for me to help troubleshoot.
We can also ask @setsailsoon. I think Chris uses WiFi to connect his IntelliCenter, so he may be more help.

Technical Support
Toll Free
(800) 831-7133, * Press 1-1-1-1-1-3 for IntelliCenter

Sanford, North Carolina (8 AM to 8 PM ET)
Phone: (919) 566-8000
Fax: (919) 566-8920

Moorpark, California (5 AM to 5 PM PT)
Phone: (805) 553-5000
Fax: (805) 553-5515

r.

I went through the process exactly as described for installation and it worked fine. This sounds like a network configuration issue. I would try the simple stuff first. Here's how I'd approach this:
  • Reboot your router and try to set up again.
  • Make sure the encryption method is supported and your router can use 2.4 GHz.
  • Call tech support as Ron suggested.
  • Temporarily run an Ethernet cable to do a direct connect through a window or door. If this works you verify it's a configuration issue with your router.
What router are you using?

Chris

Reactions: MyAZPool
I went through the process exactly as described for installation and it worked fine. This sounds like a network configuration issue. I would try the simple stuff first. Here's how I'd approach this:
  • Reboot your router and try to set up again.
  • Make sure the encryption method is supported and your router can use 2.4 GHz.
  • Call tech support as Ron suggested.
  • Temporarily run an Ethernet cable to do a direct connect through a window or door. If this works you verify it's a configuration issue with your router.
What router are you using?

Chris
Chris,
Good point on the insuring that the WiFi router or WAP is configured to allow the OPs IntelliCenter to connect using 2.4 GHz. (y)
Yep, most of the newer WiFi routers and WAPs use 5.0 GHz and 2.4 GHz has to be enabled first to allow IntelliCenter to connect.
Good troubleshooting steps.
Thanks!
r.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.