Asheboro NC
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I am in the process of upgrading from Easytouch to Intellicenter. I have done the upgrade and have all of my previous equipment reconnected. However, I want to add connectivity (phones and computer). Everything is referencing the wireless equipment which came with the upgrade. The Intellicenter board has an ethernet port. Can I skip the wireless and just plug it in to my network? I have a hardline run to the building that the Intellicenter is attached to for my Sonos system already.

Sure. Just be ware that you can take a lightening strike through the Ethernet cord that will effect your Intellicenter.

In going wireless, it appears that the protocol adapter is required for all installations. Is that correct? Why in the world is that not part of the kit?

The intelliCenter does not use a Protocol Adapter. You use the Wireless Antenna kit.
You are telling me what I want to hear, but I'm finding Pentair's documentation frustrating or I don't have what I think I have. My upgrade came with "High Power Wireless Link Kit" and page four says "Note: Screen Logic interface protocol adapter and cable (purchased separately)". Everything from page six on, that I can find, has the protocol adapter being connected to the HPW indoor transceiver.

No defense of the Pentair documentation here. It overall is normally pretty poor!
Did you read the article I linked to?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.