IntelliCenter 2.017 FW Update

Looks like it's removed at the moment.
Probably because as it gets colder they have discovered the heating options are not working correctly.

Now that it is getting colder over night, I have switched from cooling to heating mode for the pool. I have an UltraTemp and a MasterTemp and have configured it for UltraTemp preferred except during on-Peak electric hours. The UltraTemp turning on and off to heat has been hit or miss. I have actually had to go to the panel and manually force it on there as the schedules are not working. The MasterTemp has yet to turn on even though the pool was three degrees below set point even when it was scheduled to use the MasterTemp. It certainly tries too because I see the Intellivalve Bypass valve has opened (and remained open - do not get me started on the bugs there). The MasterTemp is set to the right temperature from the Intellicenter. I have heard the MasterTemp blower engage but just when it goes to start the igniter, it goes into cooldown mode. This cycle repeats until it no longer tries. As a test, I removed the RS485 connection to the MasterTemp. The MasterTemp immediately started cycling on and off to control the pool temperature as expected according to the heaters set point.

I have tried disabling cooling mode since that is a known problem with the firmware. I have tried turning off UltraTemp Preferred on the schedules and forced either UltraTemp or MasterTemp, but that has not helped. I downgraded the Intellicenter to 1.064 and the UltraTemp immediately turned on. I have returned the schedules to UltraTemp Preferred and so far things are OK. I guess I will have to wait and see what happens on Monday when the On-Peak schedule goes into effect to see if the MasterTemp comes on.

But for now, add me to the list of people who have downgraded 2.017 to 1.064.

One has to assume there will be a new update soon! I would hope for a stable version 2.xxx in 2023… I’m still on 2.017 and most of my issues relate to how it deals with multiple expansion panels.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.