IntelliCenter 2.006 Firmware

No, much more embarrassing than that. That would have fixed it when I turned off the power at the main panel to it to clear any volatile memory before rebooting.

If you have ever seen "The IT Crowd", I didn't follow the first basic rule of solving an IT issue. While I turned it off, apparently I never turned it back on again. My pump is scheduled to run 24/7 at a very low speed (consuming only 100 Watts), but is scheduled to run at a higher speed for 2 hours (during non-peak hours) to boost the skimmer. Everything (except the IC-40) worked the way it was supposed to. Pump speeds varied at the correct time, lights would come on, the waterslide and waterfall would work, and my heat pump registered correctly. I do not use the Intellicenter app except for configuration changes, and even then I would usually use the webpage at a PC. I use a custom integration through Home Assistant to control all aspects of the pool (noticed the IC-40 wasn't communicating when it's salt readout in Home Assistant was 0, and it was nice to see the exact time in history that the change occurred). So, while every other aspect of the pool was working, I never actually turned the "Pool" circuit on, so the IC-40 never turned on...🤦‍♂️
Thanks for a good laugh!

It is bad. I have 2.006 and an IntelliFlo VSF pump. The pump randomly stops (pump has power and cable is connected saying running schedule with 0 rpm) within the last couple months a handful of times. The pool builder confirmed there are bugs with 2.006 where they push a 0rpm schedule to the pump randomly and that there is a new release coming "in next couple weeks" that should fix that. When they released it only 20% of residential customers run year round so it was not an emergency from what I have been told.

_EDIT_ forgot to add if you want to roll back if you reset the intellicenter when starting up you can press the gear and tell it to rollback to previous firmware version. I have not tested this so take it with a grain of salt.

_EDIT_ forgot to add if you want to roll back if you reset the intellicenter when starting up you can press the gear and tell it to rollback to previous firmware version. I have not tested this so take it with a grain of salt.

Welcome to TFP.

The IntelliCenter reversion process works well.

Reactions: Bo_Gs and Ahultin
Welcome to TFP.

The IntelliCenter reversion process works well.

I was one of the lucky ones that had issues trying to rollback. I had to actually rollback further than 1.064 and then OTA upgrade to 1.064 (1.064 reversion didn't work the first time (rebooted into 2.06) and then was no longer available. Worked after that, but I was nervous about bricking it for a few minutes.

Strange thing is, I now get alerts that my IC-40 disconnects and reconnects at least once a day when the speed increases per my schedule.

Looks like 2.006 is available on the Pentair website.

My panel didn't see a new firmware available when I checked for an update. Anyone know what capabilities this update provides?
It was bad for me. I lost my spa circuit in the upgrade, while that's not hard to fix, it's a nuisance. However, I Intellicenter stopped connecting to the internet. Thus, I lost screenlogic on phone, tablet, and laptop. I called Pentair and rep there said there are a lot of issues with the 2.06 firmware. He told me how to roll back the firmware to the prior version. That fixed the internet and screenlogic issue.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Does anyone know where we can find release notes?

I am good on the 1.064 and want to avoid the randomly turning off my pump shenanigans so I would like to see if I need the new firmware.

Reactions: Bo_Gs
For anyone running NJSPC, I think 2.017 screwed something up. I haven't had much time to mess with it but I updated FW, and then I tried to adjust my SWCG and it wouldn't work. Had to adjust through the Intellicenter app.

-- Jeff

2.017 is now out:
Brilliant. Thanks. I see that the website states that this will update all panels. This is new. Previously only the main panel was updated OTA and slaves had to be updated manually. Has anyone tested this? I am not at my beach house presently but will risk upgrading remotely if it appears that slave panels will be updated at the same time…

I also am not getting an update message in the app (yet) but I am sure that will come…

ALCON,
RE: Firmware Update v2.017
Per Pentair
"A partial Over-the-Air (OTA) release will begin occurring at the end of the month and then following July 4th."
r.

I was running on 2.017 and it screwed up a couple of my circuit names, and I was having issues with ethernet connectivity. It also caused communication issues with NJSPC. I rolled back to 1.064 yesterday.

--Jeff

• Sad
Reactions: Bo_Gs
I upgraded to 2.017 yesterday and it went very smoothly. My pump fw is at 3.07, so I've not seen any ill effects with communication there or elsewhere. I no longer use NJSPC, so there is no issue there for me. I'll report back if I have any issues.

I was running on 2.017 and it screwed up a couple of my circuit names, and I was having issues with ethernet connectivity. It also caused communication issues with NJSPC. I rolled back to 1.064 yesterday.

--Jeff
Jeff,
Upon rolling back to v1.064, did those issues that you reported immediately disappear?
r.

I upgraded to 2.017 yesterday and it went very smoothly. My pump fw is at 3.07, so I've not seen any ill effects with communication there or elsewhere. I no longer use NJSPC, so there is no issue there for me. I'll report back if I have any issues.
@wgipe
Thanks much for the report.
Curious... Why no longer using njspC?
Thanks.
r.

@wgipe
Thanks much for the report.
Curious... Why no longer using njspC?
Thanks.
r.
It's cool, but I have a super simple setup, and it really doesn't offer any functionality that the native app does not provide. I initially set it up because the cloud was so unreliable but after the migration to AWS I've not had any problem with that. Perhaps it would do something for me that I don't know about? Always willing to learn!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.