IntelliCenter 2.006 Firmware

Have you rebooted your local panel? I had weird stuff happening with timing of things because apparently the clock was wonky and I didn't realize it. Just make sure to eliminate that. Double check the clock settings.

--Jeff
Yes - a couple times. I was forced to reboot the panel as when I went to spa mode the first time post upgrade the panel froze. Then when it came back the spa was gone. Rebooted again to get it back and had to re-add all the spa settings (pump speed/heater/etc)

They bricked my spillover and my feature pump somehow. Weirdly, the 2nd pump that runs the bubblers and cleaners won’t turn on if I activate either of those features individually, but it will turn on if I activate both of them at the same time, which makes no sense.

Spillover runs, but it doesn’t actually turn the valve.

Reactions: Concours14
They bricked my spillover and my feature pump somehow. Weirdly, the 2nd pump that runs the bubblers and cleaners won’t turn on if I activate either of those features individually, but it will turn on if I activate both of them at the same time, which makes no sense.

Make sure your pool circuit is on when you run the spillover.

Ok never mind, circuit randomly had the type changed to generic instead of spillway. Got that working at least. Feature pump still goofy though.

Reactions: jimbethesda
And for today's edition of "beta testing pentair firmware update"
Spa spillover is broken with the 2.06 update ...and a known issue...and you can't roll back to 1.6x once you've gone to 2.06
Try this...
1. Press RESET on the panel.
2. Once the OCP reboots, press the gears icon in the lower right-hand corner of the screen.
2023-01-13_17-20-55.jpg

3. In the Options Window, select the Switch Firmware Version.
2023-01-13_17-22-54.jpg

4. Find Firmware v1.064 and select it.
2023-01-13_17-26-24.jpg

5. Press the checkmark.
6. The OCP should then revert back to v1.064.
r.

Last edited:
Reactions: PdInc

I can't try my features (bubblers/waterfalls/deck jets) pump until later this spring when I open my water features. But I'll be watching for anything goofy now that I know your 2nd pump is acting weird.

--Jeff

Reactions: MyAZPool

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ok finally figured it out after multiple attempts. For whatever reason I had to delete the 2nd pump and add it anew. Then recreated the associated circuits just to be sure. Stuff was mostly working but spillway didn’t switch off despite turning it off in the app/panel so I rolled back to the previous version. Appreciate the help.

IntelliCenter overall remains pretty janky and disappointing, pentair software team is…not great.

Reactions: JohnS530
Ok finally figured it out after multiple attempts. For whatever reason I had to delete the 2nd pump and add it anew. Then recreated the associated circuits just to be sure. Stuff was mostly working but spillway didn’t switch off despite turning it off in the app/panel so I rolled back to the previous version. Appreciate the help.

IntelliCenter overall remains pretty janky and disappointing, pentair software team is…not great.
Pentair software team is very disappointing. I feel like Pentair is missing an opportunity to be a leader in automation. So many cool things they could do. Not sure why they don’t invest more in software. Maybe not enough competition in the pool equipment industry

I'm having a problem where the pool circuit no longer activates the pump! I found this out when freeze protection must have kicked on over night and it just flipped the valves back and forth every 15 minutes and drained the spa half way. I need to turn on the pool AND the pump separately now, so that means at night I need to run it all night in case of freeze. iOS App doesn't seem to allow me to adjust this or it's just to hidden for me to find it and I am nervous about poking around on the box but I guess I'll do that. Oh and it seems like intellicenter.com is down right now for me.

I'm having a problem where the pool circuit no longer activates the pump! I found this out when freeze protection must have kicked on over night and it just flipped the valves back and forth every 15 minutes and drained the spa half way. I need to turn on the pool AND the pump separately now, so that means at night I need to run it all night in case of freeze. iOS App doesn't seem to allow me to adjust this or it's just to hidden for me to find it and I am nervous about poking around on the box but I guess I'll do that. Oh and it seems like intellicenter.com is down right now for me.
Mine deleted the pump speeds for spa which resulted in similar behavior to what you describe. Once I added the desired setting back to the pump screen spa worked again and didn't just turn valves

I am also having this issue (one of several issues). Bubbler light will turn on and I can hear the valve open, but it will not turn the pump on.

Try this...
1. Press RESET on the panel.
2. Once the OCP reboots, press the gears icon in the lower right-hand corner of the screen.
View attachment 468980

3. In the Option Window, select the Switch Firmware Version.
View attachment 468981

4. Find Firmware v1.064 and select it.
View attachment 468985

5. Press the checkmark.
6. The OCP should then revert back to v1.064.
r.

I updated the firmware this morning and everything stopped working. I couldnt even get the Pool to turn on at all, even manually, and had all sort of time issues as others had mentioned. I eventually gave up after multiple removes and adds of items and rolled it back. The firmware rollback post above was a life saver. The minute it rebooted, everything worked again like it never happened.

I would suggest for anything not working, try deleting and recreating your pumps, and also circuits. Seems to be unable to recognize a previous pump if any changes were inadvertently made.

Also a release that only seems to have bug fixes should not use a major release functional enhancement increment. This should have been given a minor release increment within 1.x .

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.