Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Just noticed Pentair said there's a new FW for IntelliCenter. There's no longer a USB update function, and despite what it says, from 1.064 mine shows, "No Update Available". It says if there is no update to contact tech support.

My guess is this is just so new it hasn't hit their update servers. What is everyone else seeing?

I see no update notification on my Intellicenter2 app on my iPhone. When I walked outside to the panel, the panel indicated “running the latest already.”

Maybe I’ll reboot the panel and when it reconnects something will change. I highly doubt it though.

I see no update notification on my Intellicenter2 app on my iPhone. When I walked outside to the panel, the panel indicated “running the latest already.”

Maybe I’ll reboot the panel and when it reconnects something will change. I highly doubt it though.
Same here. I believe I was the first on this forum to post about 1.064 and I couldn't get the OTA update either, but I could/did do USB. Hours later, other forum members said they saw the OTA update. So perhaps waiting a little longer.

That's a bit shortsighted from Pentair. OTA updates are fine, but I bet there are panels in locations that don't have internet access.
I presume that's what the "Contact Tech Support" option ultimately yields. Maybe they're not comfortable posting their firmware files as they're not hardened, or the risk of messup is too high. Who knows? Overwhelming majority of pool owners aren't tech savvy enough to handle that, so it's likely pool maintenance/service companies that would be doing any updates.

Just got home and checked mine. Also says running latest w/ 1.064.

So must not be ready yet. Someone probably pushed that to the website early.

--Jeff

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Has anyone updated to 2.006 yet? I updated mine yesterday. Only thing I noticed is now the spillway functionality doesn't work anymore. I tried removing and reinstalling the feature to no avail. Emailed support about it now. Anyone else have any experiences with the new firmware yet?

Yes, I did. I don't run my spillway through the programming like that. I can try and test it to see if it is doing the same thing though.

Here is another thread where folks have updated. IntelliCenter 2.006 Firmware

One of the posters in there said his spillover was wonky. Said they made it to where you had to have the pool circuit turned on as well as the spillway feature. Post #19.

--Jeff

Has anyone updated to 2.006 yet? I updated mine yesterday. Only thing I noticed is now the spillway functionality doesn't work anymore. I tried removing and reinstalling the feature to no avail. Emailed support about it now. Anyone else have any experiences with the new firmware yet?
I upgraded, my spillway is working. However, my friend updated and he said the same thing. He then said Spillway now ONLY runs if "Pool" mode is also on. If you just turn Spillway on without the Master Pool mode, it just runs pool pumps. Try turning "Pool" to on then activate spillway. In that config, mine works, and he confirmed it does for him. Good luck.

Yes, I did. I don't run my spillway through the programming like that. I can try and test it to see if it is doing the same thing though.

Here is another thread where folks have updated. IntelliCenter 2.006 Firmware

One of the posters in there said his spillover was wonky. Said they made it to where you had to have the pool circuit turned on as well as the spillway feature. Post #19.

--Jeff
Just saw your final comment, yeah poster 19 is the friend I referenced in my previous post.

Reactions: Turbo1Ton
Yep, they sure did. Too many issues with that release.
Please see this post for further info.
r.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.