Intellibrite 5G Color Light and Landscape Lighting Controls

jte

Sep 23, 2017
Largo, Florida
We are nearing the end of our owner build pool, expecting shell prep and Wet Edge interior finish this week. We used all Pentair: Intelliflo 3hp VS, 420 C/C cartridge, and Easy Touch 4 w/ integral SWG utilizing an Intermatic 300 watt transformer for the Intellibrite 5G 26 watt 12 VAC light. My understanding is that the transformer could be used to power the pool light and any landscape lighting around the paver deck. I have 12 AWG solid UF wire to the poolside junction box and joined the pool light there. My plan is to connect the low voltage landscape lights here as well so that the pool light and landscape lights are on concurrently. Is this correct? Is the Easy Touch system smart enough (or configured such that) it can run the pool lighting on its color change programming at the same time as keeping the basic landscape pedestal lights powered? Or do landscape lights require their own transformer and controls from a relay?

In other words, do I need a separate transformer for my Intellibrite and my landscape lighting if they are both 12 volt systems, or can they be run (with the full control of the Intellibright) together through the same wiring and transformer?

Thanks....

Thank you, my total wattage will be less than half of the 300 watt max of the transformer. I presume the intelligence is in the pool light vs the easy touch. That's the piece of the puzzle I couldn't track down. Thanks again!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.