Intellibrite 5g and Easytouch upgrade

Cdfornal

In The Industry
Sep 16, 2022
Fl
I recently swapped to my old pool and spa lights with intellibrite 5g lights (ouch, $1400)

Anyway I am looking into using the easy touch/screenlogic Como to control the light. I think my easy touch should have come with 4 relays; my installer possibly took two relays when installing since they were not needed at the time (blower and pump are controlled with relays)

Which relay can I buy to control my intellibrights? I have two other pools with a PL4 and PSL4 - maybe I can pull a relay from there?

Guessing process will be something like this (input/corrections appreciated):
  1. disconnect inside switch that controls pool light inside transformer, cap that hot
  2. run new power wires from light transformer to easy touch panel high voltage side
    1. connect to load terminal(s)
  3. Pull power from blower or pump breaker, maybe new breaker (not sure here) to a new relay
    1. Connect to Line side
  4. connect low voltage side of relay to a free function button (relay trigger)
  5. Configure easy touch (Maybe even via SLConfig app) for intellibrite
Any input appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_7037.jpeg
    IMG_7037.jpeg
    348.9 KB · Views: 21
Cd,

The relays in a standard EasyTouch and the lite EasyTouch are the same.. But...

They are not the same relays that you show in your pic, which appear to be from an old ComPool automation system.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thank you, this is definitely a form compool with an easy touch upgrade around 2014/15.
What are the best options for relays? I actually don't need anything beefy because all I want to run is a 300 watt pool light transformer.

one thing I'm thinking is I have to go back and look at this intelliflo pump. Right now it's wired to a relay but maybe it can be powered straight from the breaker and controlled by the low voltage side.

I'm now just realizing that the intelliflo is connected to the load side of the relay - which would explain why I saw "pump communication error" when outside of the schedule run hours. Would it be ill advised that when/if I swap the intelliflo to the line side I also swap the IC40 too? I'm just trying to repurpose the relay for intellibrite

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.