Instapark Betta review

My v1 Betta is moving about the pool, but the surface debris isn't entering the basket! The debris just gets pushed forward by the Betta, and ive never observed this behavior before. Anyone ever see this?

My v1 Betta is moving about the pool, but the surface debris isn't entering the basket! The debris just gets pushed forward by the Betta, and ive never observed this behavior before. Anyone ever see this?
Is the paddle turning? If not check if there is debris wrapped around the sides where it connects to the body. fine threadlike stuff gets wrapped around sometimes making it difficult for paddle to paddle.

Thanks @Bam Bam . The paddle wheel is not turning, nor is the small red wheel inside the Betta (the one that turns the gear on the debris basket which moves the paddle). This wheel can be turned by hand fairly easily, but it's not turning when the Betta is in the water. I put a little WD-40 on its shaft but that didn't help.

Thanks @Bam Bam . The paddle wheel is not turning, nor is the small red wheel inside the Betta (the one that turns the gear on the debris basket which moves the paddle). This wheel can be turned by hand fairly easily, but it's not turning when the Betta is in the water. I put a little WD-40 on its shaft but that didn't help.
Sounds like you need to send it back if it’s under warranty. I think that’s the first time we have heard of that part failing.

Sounds like you need to send it back if it’s under warranty. I think that’s the first time we have heard of that part failing.
Thanks - I contacted them, filled out a warranty claim form, and just awaiting the return label. They offered to send me the gear but I don't think it's just the gear, so I opted for the return.

I purchased a one-year warranty last October which helped with an October repair, a December repair, and now this one.

Reactions: Orion7319
Probably an irrelevant question but is there a longevity difference between the blue and white finish?
The se is on lighting deal for 399 so likely going to pull the trigger then register the warranty upon receipt and pay for the 3yr upgrade.

Probably an irrelevant question but is there a longevity difference between the blue and white finish?
The se is on lighting deal for 399 so likely going to pull the trigger then register the warranty upon receipt and pay for the 3yr upgrade.
Good deal regardless of color. I like my white.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Anyone else get an email from Betta about getting up to a 6 month warranty extension free by uploading a video? I stopped the process when they asked for personal info. Obviously it is needed but curious if anyone else went through to the end and what the reward was.

Betta
Solar Powered Smart Pool Skimmer
Share a video to get a 6-month warranty
extension on your Betta.

Anyone else get an email from Betta about getting up to a 6 month warranty extension free by uploading a video? I stopped the process when they asked for personal info. Obviously it is needed but curious if anyone else went through to the end and what the reward was.

Betta
Solar Powered Smart Pool Skimmer
Share a video to get a 6-month warranty
extension on your Betta.
I got it but wouldn't open, may try it again with ad blocker off. I emailed Betta, they said it was legit.

I just did it, uploads your file to their Dropbox. Got no confirmation that my warranty was extended.

Last edited:
These repairs must be costing them a lot of shipping fees!
My fear is that they will go out of business in order to get out from under the warranty claims.

I got my Betta 2 a year ago. I just opened the pool and put it in. It charged for a couple of hours and started working. That only lasted 2 hours and it failed. Now it will not reverse or turn left or right. It will not respond to the remote. This will be my third warranty claim.

While I got the 3 year warranty after reading about all the problems how many times am I going to need to use it? I love the job it does but wish it was more reliable.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support