installed wrong wet edge primera stone color and finish

mnatale

Jan 6, 2023
mt pleasant, SC
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Pool contractor apologized that is was never updated in their system. What is the remedy for this issue? I'm told they will "chip" portions of it out and install the correct product over it. OMG

I'm told they will "chip" portions of it out and install the correct product over it. OMG

You want to insist on a complete chip-out of all plaster down to the gunite using flat chisels, not pointed chisels. Or sand blasting the plaster off.

You do not want two layers of plaster on a new pool as that will make it more expensive to replaster the pool again without a full chipout. And putting one layer on top of another opens you up to delamination problems or developing calcium nodules.

They must put a complete bonding coat on the surface after the chip out before installing the plaster.

Reactions: mnatale
You want to insist on a complete chip-out of all plaster down to the gunite using flat chisels, not pointed chisels. Or sand blasting the plaster off.

You do not want two layers of plaster on a new pool as that will make it more expensive to replaster the pool again without a full chipout. And putting one layer on top of another opens you up to delamination problems or developing calcium nodules.

They must put a complete bonding coat on the surface after the chip out before installing the plaster.

My other concern: they never got the pump running properly to draw down groundwater around the shell. They have closed the ground water pressure weephole with hydraulic cement. What must be done, if anything, to prevent this shell from lifting now?

My other concern: they never got the pump running properly to draw down groundwater around the shell. They have closed the ground water pressure weephole with hydraulic cement. What must be done, if anything, to prevent this shell from lifting now?

How long will the shell sit empty?

They should drill a new hydrostatic relief hole if it will be any length of time.

Talk to your builder and make him responsible for the decision to take the risk of leave it as is or to drill a relief hole.

I don't know what your groundwater situation is.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Color variations in plaster is normal. it Is mixed on site and hand applied.

Color variations in plaster is normal. it Is mixed on site and hand applied.
oh, I'm very aware of all that. I read all the specs and everything else related to plaster, wet edge, Premier stone, etc. Maybe it's hard to see in the pictures, but all parties have since agreed that what we have is not normal. A wet edge rep is set to come out, but not till March.

Let us know what they offer to do.

An acid wash should not be the solution.

Reactions: mnatale

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.