Plaster Cracks in Spa - Wet Edge Primera Stone

Bryan72880

Jul 25, 2020
Yardley, PA
Hi everyone! Just de-winterized our pool last week and discovered some cracks in our Wet Edge Primera Stone finish in the spa. The finish is only two years old and is pretty much cracked in every corner of the spa to different degrees. The cracks are big enough that you can catch a fingernail in it. I was suspicious last season that we had a leak or something as we were getting quite a bit of calcium efflorescence in a few spots on the outside of the spa which is all tile (spa is raised 18"). There are no cracks on the tile on the outside of the spa so I'm not thinking this is a structural issue.

Pictures are attached. The spa was drained down so that the jets could be installed - it was not left empty over the winter. The pool was just de-winterized so it's a bit dirty (it's not normally like that!).

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• Spa Crack 1.jpg
    Spa Crack 1.jpg
    875 KB · Views: 34
  • Spa Crack 2.jpg
    Spa Crack 2.jpg
    876.1 KB · Views: 32
  • Spa Crack 3.jpg
    Spa Crack 3.jpg
    709.8 KB · Views: 33
  • Spa Crack 4.jpg
    Spa Crack 4.jpg
    844.1 KB · Views: 31
Thanks @onBalance. I called on Friday and they suggested I file a warranty claim with Wet Edge. I've started that process this morning. The Wet Edge warranty is not through the pool builder - it's direct to the homeowner, fortunately or unfortunately depending on how we look at it. I'll keep the thread updated!

Thanks @onBalance. I called on Friday and they suggested I file a warranty claim with Wet Edge. I've started that process this morning. The Wet Edge warranty is not through the pool builder - it's direct to the homeowner, fortunately or unfortunately depending on how we look at it. I'll keep the thread updated!

That is BS. Don't let the builder push you off.

Read the Wet Edge warranty. It only covers defects in the materials they supplied.

Your cracks are a construction problem or a plaster application problem that is the responsibility of the builder or the plaster subcontractor.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.