INSTALLATION AND PHOTO THREAD!!!!

i think next year I’d like a robot. Which is that one? Do you recommend?
Yes! It’s the Aquabot Pool Rover Junior (it’s in my signature, hehe) and will give you the most bang for your buck compared to most robots on the market! @kimkats has one too so maybe she’ll chime in also lol

Reactions: Decoy205
Yes! It’s the Aquabot Pool Rover Junior (it’s in my signature, hehe) and will give you the most bang for your Buck compared to most robots on the market! @kimkats has one too so maybe she’ll chime in also lol
Thanks!! That’s great. On my phone using safari I can’t see signature details gotta figure that out.

Reactions: thefloatqueen
0143FEED-92E3-4418-A23A-CABDE3F45126.jpegBought some solar-powered Flamingo float lights from Amazon the other day! I couldn’t help myself! I am, after all, the float queen! 😂😂😂😂
Please excuse my broken fence rail (courtesy of my Golden Retriever, Teddy)! It’s getting replaced this weekend lol it looks so trashy but thankfully I have a pretty pool to distract me! I cringe whenever I see it in my photos, though! 😩

• Haha
Reactions: Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I do love Lil' Kim! So much so she has her own thread!

• Love
It’s about to storm bigggg time. This photo is not edited. It’s really that dark here! 😰🤯 I’m scared it’s going to overflow. Water level is really high as it is. Pray it’s not as bad as it looks. 🥴🥴3A4B2DF3-EBCF-4230-8B72-CF9513A6DDCC.jpeg

Get the submersible pump ready to deploy or go ahead & pump a little out in advance. It would drive me crazy to have to deal with a separate pump every time I needed to let water out. I usually just backwash & kill 2 birds with one stone.

Get the submersible pump ready to deploy or go ahead & pump a little out in advance. It would drive me crazy to have to deal with a separate pump every time I needed to let water out. I usually just backwash & kill 2 birds with one stone.
Is there a way to drain water through the filter with a cartridge filter? I know you can’t backwash them. I swear that’s the only thing I miss about my sand filter from my last pool. Other than that, I’ll never go back lol

I had a DE filter with no valving and used a sump pump to lower water levels when needed. Used it as a cover pump as well. Usually I just let the water flop out of the skimmer when we had lots of rain, eventually it would either evaporate off the pool or lowered from the skimmer. I would tie the sump pump in the pool at a certain height to make sure I don't drain too much.

Is there a way to drain water through the filter with a cartridge filter? I know you can’t backwash them. I swear that’s the only thing I miss about my sand filter from my last pool. Other than that, I’ll never go back lol
If u have a multi port valve u can. Some people add them for that reason.

You can via the drain plug on the cartridge filter. I ended up putting a 1-1/2" threaded pvc connector and a piece of flex pvc with a shut-off valve on mine which helps at closing and times where rain has filled up the pool.

I had a DE filter with no valving and used a sump pump to lower water levels when needed. Used it as a cover pump as well. Usually I just let the water flop out of the skimmer when we had lots of rain, eventually it would either evaporate off the pool or lowered from the skimmer. I would tie the sump pump in the pool at a certain height to make sure I don't drain too much.
This is actually my plan since the pool is not overflowing (just a little splashing out from the back of the skimmer here and there) and it’s sunny with no rain in the forecast for the rest of the week and this upcoming weekend! I’m just gonna consider it free water since I needed to add more prior to the storm anyways. I always end up draining too much then have to throw the hose in which messes up my TA.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mdragger88
You can via the drain plug on the cartridge filter. I ended up putting a 1-1/2" threaded pvc connector and a piece of flex pvc with a shut-off valve on mine which helps at closing and times where rain has filled up the pool.
Good to know!! I need to figure out where it is located on my filter. Pump and filter are in my signature if you are familiar with it lol

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.