Inground Conifer pool steps

Oct 22, 2016
Easton PA
I live in the NE Pennsylvania area. Was wondering of it would be a good idea to float my steps in the deep end before I place my Duramesh winter cover or remove my steps. I filled them with about 90lbs of sand. My deep end is 8' deep. I would tie them off so there was no movement. Any ideas??? I really do not want to take them out, being so heavy.

Attachments

• 15938924796471973813749081811566.jpg
    15938924796471973813749081811566.jpg
    705.3 KB · Views: 9
My concern with your idea is ice freezing and thawing on the pool surface may crack whatever plastic is at that level.

If you try it let us know how it survives in the spring.

My concern with your idea is ice freezing and thawing on the pool surface may crack whatever plastic is at that level.

If you try it let us know how it survives in the spring.
How far down does the ice usually freeze? I can sink it to the bottom, anchor with rope to keep it where I want it, like away from walls and about 6" off the floor. Just wondering. I really do not wanna have to enlist 4 or 5 people to get it out. But maybe that will be best..not sure.

All depends how hard of a winter we have. I don’t think a pool in our area get more then about 6” of ice but then my pool is covered so I never looked. Consider how thick a lake freezes in your area.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.