Infinity edge trough is dirty from racoons drinking the water! Help!

Sep 4, 2018
St Augustine
I have an infinity edge pool which is right next to the marsh and unfortunately we have a lot of raccoons. I strongly suspect the racoons from the marsh are coming to the trough to drink water as there are little foot prints and mud/sand collecting at each edge. I was wondering if anyone has heard of a very small automatic cleaner to place in the trough to run like the larger auto cleaner does in the main area of the pool. Or any other suggestion? Covering the trough is not an option... Id rather deal with the dirt. Thank you!

Can you post some pics of the trough and problem area to give folks a view of your situation?

If you know it is raccoons, it would be a much better idea to try to get rid of them than to clean up the mess. Only thing I can thing of is a motion activated sprayer. Im not sure if it will scare raccoons away, but my neighbor uses them to keep deer away from his landscape beds. If it is Racoons and that doesn't work, I would call a wildlife control company for help. Racoons swimming and pooping in pools can transmit nasty parasites.

Reactions: mariane
Thank you for the advice. Unfortunately I already have several motion activated sprinklers and the darn things now know how to avoid them! I will post a picture. I don't think they swim in the trough, just drink. I also have small fiddler crabs in the pool but they dont bother me as much. Its chlorine! You'd think these animals would die...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.