increase salt ppm to ease the job of the Cell

scubadon

Mar 15, 2019
dominica
Good day swimmers,

Question for a friend of mine.

They have a 10,000 gallon fiberglass insert pool and it is running a Circupool SJ40. I'm surprised that it has to work so long to keep up the Chlorine levels. Set to 100% production for 14hrs a day and it can still struggle depending on rain, swimmer volume etc.

The question is this. Would it help in chlorine production if the salt PPM was higher? perhaps keep it at 4000?

Thanks for the input

Don

Don,

If you have a 40K SWCG in a 10K pool and you have to run at 100% you have an algae bloom even if you can't see it yet...

You need to run an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test or OCLT... Overnight Chlorine Loss Test

Or... Now that I think about it... you have zero or almost zero CYA.. What is your CYA and what FC are you shooting for??

BTW... The minimum salt level for an SJ cell is 3500, so going to 4000 won't hurt a thing, but it is also not going to fix your problem.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: wireform
In some cases, increasing the salinity can increase the chlorine production.

However, it's not a good idea in most cases.

Some systems will shut down if the salinity is too high.

The salinity should be maintained in the range given by the manual.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.