? Increase effectiveness of electric heat pumps?

TLyons

Nov 26, 2018
Southeast Georgia
Any suggestions for increasing effectiveness of electric heat pump? We decided to swim last week (first time in new pool). Turned on heater and set to 85.F. 5 days later, still couldn't get past 77 degrees. Daytime temps were mid 70's and night time temps low 60's. We had a gas heater in our previous pool but it also had an automatic cover. We do not have a cover currently. I am guessing that is the biggest part of our problem. But 60-70 degrees is pretty mild weather and expecting a heater to heat up to 85 seems reasonable to me. Has anyone tried to shield off a small area around pool heater (with plastic or something) and place a heater in that space in order to provide hot air for electric heat pump to access? Would that work? I am ordering a solar cover tomorrow so that when we have a specific event planned and want a toasty pool in the spring or fall, we can make it happen. Open to any/all thoughts/suggestions.

Use a solar pool cover.

Put your pool gallons and model Heat Pump in your signature. How many BTU's is your HP?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.