Incorrect Time on Controller

Apr 25, 2015
Pasadena, CA
So in the last 2 days I’ve had to adjust the clock time on my Hayward automated controller three times. Not sure what’s going on, but i noticed it was wrong when the pump was running when it shouldn’t have been. It’s wrong on the remote box inside the house and also at the controller out on the pool pad. One of times, i even noticed each box had a different time on them. Whatever i do, it keeps switching back to an incorrect time, and we have not had any power outages. Anyone have any ideas what would cause this or how to remedy? The last time i checked today, it read 2pm when it was actually 6pm.

Post the diagnostic readings from the display.

Hey, just wanted to follow up on this and thank you guys for the help. I ordered the capacitor that was recommended and installed. While in there i also checked the K1 unit and there indeed was a burn mark on back of board and the solder point looked bad, so i resoldered. In addition the fuse was blown and basically falling apart. So i replaced with a 15 amp fuse. After a day the clock still was not working so i went back out for a look and discovered i hadn’t put one of the fuse prongs into the clip. After that the clock starting working about a day later, and i no longer have the high salt/amps warning. I do have a low salt warning now, (which is more inline with how the system has always acted) but atleast the automation is working, and I don’t have to turn on manually everyday.

19CBF092-2A2C-45AA-A309-4D1CBB95D0DF.jpeg793FECF4-2DC5-4323-9701-1B932FEF4921.jpeg19CBF092-2A2C-45AA-A309-4D1CBB95D0DF.jpeg793FECF4-2DC5-4323-9701-1B932FEF4921.jpeg

Reactions: ajw22 and JamesW

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.