Apr 15, 2014
Livermore, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello TFPers,
I’ll be honest, I never liked the Pool Math app. I always used the Pool Math calculator from the website itself. I found it easier and more user-friendly. Where is it now with this new version? I can’t find it.

I keep trying to find the non-mobile website on my iPhone, but I’m always directed to this new site. Perhaps I could only find it on my computer. Anyone have any thoughts?

That's it. We are going to be de-emphasizing the web based Pool Math but it will be maintained (and upgraded soon). So Bookmark that link.

Reactions: bbrock
Many of us don’t live a phone centric life. When on a PC or MAC or even a tablet it is convenient to be able to pull up the web PoolMath caluclator to look at a chemistry question.

I really think a link to the web PM should be on the PoolMath page here.

I use the PM app for recording the test history of my pool. But many uses of PM don’t pertain to my pool and the web PM is very useful.

Also for new members doing pool water tests for the first time getting setup with the PM App can create more complexity for them when their immediate problem is to fix their water chemistry.

What makes the web version easier do u guys feel?
It's personal preference really. The app does have some of today's newer features built-in, but not everyone uses their phone/apps or cares to use the additional features. In time, I believe TFP'ers will become more comfortable with the app version. As we grow with the new web page though, it's nice to have a familiar (Poolmath) face still available.

I’ll have to check it out tomorrow. I like the app cause as I do my tests I have my phone out playing with numbers to know what I need to do to keep my csi negative. Being my ph changes so quick I can push and pull numbers real easy with my phone right by me.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm not sure what it is, but I find it difficult to use the Pool App. I've just been using the old Pool Calculator on my laptop for so long that I'm finding it difficult. I guess it's just nice to see everything on one page at the same time, like effects of adding chemicals as well as everything above it

The upside to the App is the storage of your data and the ability to look back over time at what changed last year, etc. Like any adjustments to your SWCG.

+1 to what nlindelldc posted.

Tx Pat, and +1 to Pat as well. I like it all on one page. Agreed that it is preference. I always have my iPhone w/ me when testing my water. I have a Note created for Test Results that spans back to 2014. So, I can quickly scroll up and down to look at the history (albeit I will admit that my Test Result Note is getting very long now so my scrolling takes longer. Especially given that that one Note has my chem results for my pool and spa on the same Note).

I like the App that you can keep your most recent results entered and seem them quickly, but I took am akin to the Web page b/c you can play with the numbers/ranges on one page to quickly see how it affects the CSI. To me, that is priceless b/c of the easier ability to see how the slightest of modifications/adjustments changes the CSI.

mknauss, I am still not a Pool Math Premium subscription member/user, which is $7.99/yr. Thus, I don't have the ability to store/create an unlimited log history. That would be nice, but my iPhone Note works good enough.

I'd also really like it if the PoolMath web page had a link to the web calculator in addition to the apps. I'm glad the page is still there and am sad to see it de-emphasized. It's very helpful. I actually didn't realize that the TFP site got redesigned because I'd been going straight to the URL for the web calculator.

If you have used chlorine, muriatic acid, or had people in your pool water, it has salt in it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.