In Floor Pop Up's Stopped Working

Mar 26, 2017
Mesa/AZ
Opening the pool, Hayward Equipment. Pressure on pop up's has been very low. I realized that last year I swapped out a 2hp motor for a 3/4hp motor as a temporary solution when I lost one. I just installed a new 2hp motor with pump repair kit and I thought things looked great. I had high pressure now on the pop up's and they seemed to be working. However, within a about 20 min the pop up's stopped working altogether and have not worked since. I've checked all valve positions, although nothing was labeled from the day I moved in, and believe all valves are where they should be. I currently have no idea why the pop up's stopped. I am down to the tearing apart the system that drives the pop ups but didn't want to overlook anything simple. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Which infloor system do you have?

Are some of the heads stuck in the up position?

Assuming it's an A&A system, it's most likely either the gear(s) in the distributer head are worn, or it could be something as simple as a piece of debris stuck in the gears, stopping them from rotating through the zones.

Since it was working correctly and all of a sudden quit, I'd suspect debris in the gears.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.