Imagine Illusion 40 Complete 10/19/21

1.5" MIP Grate Insert - White. Item #SP1026.

1.5" MIP Grate Insert - Gray. Item #SP1026GR.

1.5" MIP Grate Insert - Dark Gray. Item #SP1026DGR.

1.5" MIP Grate Insert - Black. Item #SP1026BLK.

If the hole is 2", then you need a threaded reducer bushing.

Hayward and Pentair need to make a grate in 2" size.

Last edited:
You guys can do me a favor and start giving me the best advice on digging out under a 4ft deck.

Wood to support the sides and concrete, another person there for safety. I so want to say do NOT go under there but know you enough to know you will be careful as can be.
This times 100. Please be careful, Casey and team...

You guys can do me a favor and start giving me the best advice on digging out under a 4ft deck.

1) come borrow my Bloodhound.
2) drop a treat down the skimmer pipe
3) go make a pot of coffee and the pipe will not only be exposed when the pot is done, but she will open the pipe for you.

She is SUPER helpful like that.

*please be extra careful and mindful of a cave in while you're digging/plumbing.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
avoid digging near the supports. Also, if you have a bottle jack and a long enough piece of timber, run the timber along the ground and bottle jack the deck just to be sure. Don't know the size and where you are digging, just some random thoughts.
I'm going in at the corner of the pool step out.

Attachments

• 20220719_113037.jpg
    20220719_113037.jpg
    465.3 KB · Views: 59
  • 20220719_113024.jpg
    20220719_113024.jpg
    690 KB · Views: 58
I got the back side finished. That whooped me good. I'll start on the long back side later this evening. I need this done by tomorrow night. I'll get it.

I had an idea pop into my head last night since I'm already destroying my yard. I'm going to make a landing area for my corn hole boards on the long backside of the pool by the slide. I'm dreading doing that trench because it's such a long run. Ugh20220720_113740.jpg20220720_113724.jpg20220719_112958.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If I follow this plan correctly, you are trying to get the 3" rigid PVC under the slab and connected to your existing skimmer box.

Go rent a bullet mole / pipe mole. You may have to pothole the slab next to the skimmer box to make the attachment.

Use a driven / impact mole, not a hydro one, I would be concerned about the water and the gravel that should be around your fiberglass pool as backfill.

If I follow this plan correctly, you are trying to get the 3" rigid PVC under the slab and connected to your existing skimmer box.

Go rent a bullet mole / pipe mole. You may have to pothole the slab next to the skimmer box to make the attachment.

Use a driven / impact mole, not a hydro one, I would be concerned about the water and the gravel that should be around your fiberglass pool as backfill.

I'm using 2"sch 40 since I found it. I was lucky to get there on delivery day and bought all 14 10 ft sections.

Reactions: JamesW
Casey,
Entering a confined workspace and especially one that has been recently excavated is very dangerous and should be approached very carefully. On construction sites we take this very seriously because a lot of injuries and fatalities have occurred for this type of activity. Control access to the area, wear protective gear and plan out the work carefully before you start. Make sure you always have a way out (maybe somebody to pull you out), protect your eyes and head (hard hat). Things can drop from a slab bottom that are scary. You wouldn't believe how easy it is to get hurt with this. No kids anywhere near this please! As Kim mentioned provide wood support posts and when you replace the dirt compact it every 6-12 inches. I've attached an OSHA checklist you can use. Obviously a lot of it isn't applicable but carefully review it. Never, never do this work by yourself.

I can tell from your previous posts you are a determined lady that gets things done. Please don't take this advice the wrong way. We've all gotten to know each other on here and I'm just trying to do my part to help you be safe and on here for many years to come.

Chris

Attachments

• Excavation Inspection Checklist.pdf
    125 KB · Views: 2
I'm going in at the corner of the pool step out.
Are you intercepting and joining to the flex PVC there, or are you going all the way to the skimmer?
If the skimmer, it seems like it may be safer to go around the perimeter and straight shot to the skimmer so you disturb less soil under the deck. Just a thought.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.