Gold Supporter
May 28, 2020
Georgia
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Kids wanted to go for a swim today. Off to the community pool we went because of this abomination.
5F16D271-DE84-4646-8B77-16273D31AE25.jpegI can never bring myself to keep it clear for more than a weekend, and that’s only if we have company coming over and I will spend all week clearing it up because it’s embarrassing. I know what to do, I have the test kit, the garage full of liquid chlorine, etc. I just don’t even give it a second thought until it catches my eye when I accidentally look out the window. Not sure why I am even posting this really, I’m just frustrated and feel like I’ve let my family down and wasted money. Last year it was crystal clear but this year has been rough.

Attachments

• 29123116-573B-4D10-B039-11EB604C3D48.jpeg
    29123116-573B-4D10-B039-11EB604C3D48.jpeg
    421 KB · Views: 12
Not sure I have the plumbing skills to pull it off myself.
Very few people would without YouTube. I got the short end when we bought our first house. The only help was that stupid Home Depot 1-2-3 book and all of plumbing was condensed to 4 pages with 3 pictures. 🤦‍♂️

It's all easy peasy now. You can watch 20 videos if you need to of your *exact* repair / upgrade.

Reactions: Mdragger88
I can be lazy but I often wish i had to do MORE with my pool. It's "boring" and too easy. It became a hobby learning how to care for it then i reached the point of "well...what do i do now?"

Maybe that will wear off.

If the kids are old enough to help, make it something you guys can do together. My son is 9 and loves watching the test water go from clear to pink back to clear. He still needs help with getting the drops the right size and even but it's just a big old science experiment for him. My pH, TA, and CH are only tested regularly because of him!

Reactions: Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If the kids are old enough to help, make it something you guys can do together. My son is 9 and loves watching the test water go from clear to pink back to clear. He still needs help with getting the drops the right size and even but it's just a big old science experiment for him. My pH, TA, and CH are only tested regularly because of him!
As a relatively new pool owner (1 year) it took me a few weeks during summer to get the hang of it and understand the pool. I bought a storage box to hold the liquid chlorine outside, and honestly takes ~ 5 mins to add chlorine on a daily basis and clean the skimmer baskets. Filter Pump and polaris are on timers and never mess with them. Once a week swap out the Polaris bag quick brush and do the full testing. Usually have to add acid weekly. I've cleaned my filter in may, and again in august but could have easily gone a couple of more months.
I guess my point is I've learned 5 mins a day makes the weekly pretty quick as well!

Fortunately I hardly ever have issues with debris in the pool because We don't have any trees close enough.
If you cover it it won’t get so green due to lost chlorine. It also takes much less work and money to maintain clean water than it does green water. Maybe take that as a challenge to test!

If you cover it it won’t get so green due to lost chlorine. It also takes much less work and money to maintain clean water than it does green water. Maybe take that as a challenge to test!
Ok. Do you know if a solar cover would work or a solid cover? I’ve been thinking of getting a solar cover.

Ok. Do you know if a solar cover would work or a solid cover? I’ve been thinking of getting a solar cover.
My neighbor had a dark blue solar cover that allowed his SWG to create a FC level of 13 without any CYA in the pool. I'm not advocating running your pool chemistry in this mind numbing fashion, I'm using the example to show how his dark blue solar cover stopped UV from degrading his chlorine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.