I'm so ready to fill in the pool

I agree forget the bleach until you have a test kit. I learned the hard way, PH balance FIRST!!!!!! And know your CYA level. I wouldn't think it would be high but if it is bleach is a waste. If your PH isn't right you use more bleach and with high chlorine levels a ph test isn't accurate so get that in control first. 1 step at a time. I had a swamp too and I was so ready to turn it into a planter. Happy to be swimming right now!!!!!!!Thanks to everyone here!

Their pH is 7.2 as they posted above so they are good. The CYA level was 40 or 50 last time they posted so that is OK too.
They already started the SLAM so who said anything about forgetting the bleach :confused::confused:

Richard was suggesting testing more often rather than bumping it to 30 when your target is 20.

Keep brushing :stirpot:

Something doesn't feel right test at 7:20
FC 20
Cc 2
I even did the test twice to make sure I got the same results
Don't get me wrong after 40 jugs of bleach today I love that it is still at 20.
I hope I'm not messing anything up.

As you kill off the algae you're going to see the FC loose less and less and the CC going down so it might surprise you but maybe you're getting it done and you're going down hill (a good thing). Less bleach less often and better numbers and more clarity :lovetfp:

There is a huge difference is the color from this morning to this evening as soon as I figure out photo bucket I'll link them
My wife was in control of the pool today while i worked.
She did a great job on it.
The water level got low causing a whirlpool in the skimmer I thought it was from back washing but after I looked into it, if you don't turn the filter control valve just right it continues to let water out thru the exit side I forgot to tell her that

You probably just managed to get ahead of it quickly since you were testing and dosing so often. It's possible you had some ammonia in there and that eats the chlorine crazy fast until you get rid of it.

In any case it's a good sign to see the chlorine start to hold. The more often you can test and dose at the beginning the faster you get to that point and of course, every pool is different so some people get there faster!

Great job so far. Keep it up! :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
e5emymyr.jpg
This was in the basket yesterday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk solost

Oh my.....are those tadpoles?

Well, that much less organic matter to consume chlorine. :mrgreen:

Yes that's like the 3rd skimmer basket
Not to mention the multiple times I had a net full of them before starting slam

Which has caused a new problem

Where is the best place to dump the nets because I did it in the grass away from the pool but now it smells bad from the decay in my backyard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk solost

Ok so everything is going great for the most part
FC is staying close to or above 20
Cc is 1.5-1
Water is sort of clearing
Today all kinds of particles started floating around in the water
My filter was running at 8psi
With only having to backwash a couple times
I noticed my return jet was missing so I bought one today
With it installed the pressure is around 20 and if it gets just a little higher flow stops
I am back washing about every 20 minutes
Couple questions back washing so much when should I check the cya
And is there a wrong kind of return jet

I had an issue with poor flow from my pool after heavy debris clearing, and I had a 'clogged' pump impeller. I've got awful pine trees around my pool, and I had enough pine needles bypass the skimmer basket and the pump basket, and they decided to get stuck in the motor impeller. Why they didn't just mosey up to the filter, I'll never know.

To check, turn the breaker to the pump off. You do NOT want the pump to run when checking for impeller junk. Then removed the pump basket and reach back toward the motor as far as you can. You should feel the screw of the impeller, the fins should be clear of nasties. If not, clear 'em out, and double check flow and pressure once all cleared out.

Before it gets asked
Hayward 300lb filter
Hayward super pump with a.o. Smith centurion 1hp pump
1.5 pipes
Baker skimmer there is a drain in the deep end of the pool but I don't think it works and don't know how to find out if it does
1 return at opposite end of pool

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.