I'm planning an ascorbic acid treatment and a drain out.

Chuckiechan

Jun 10, 2014
Roseville, CA
I plan to do the AA treatment on my plaster pool. Do I let it do its thing for 24 hours, then begin pumping out the pool. Do I still need a sequestering agent?
Also, what is the PH protocol? Do I add the AA then bring it back to neutral? Or is the relatively short time between the AA treatment and draining make that irrelevant.

Thanks in advance.

If you are going to drain right away, you might get by without the sequestrant, but then again if the drain takes longer than you think it might be cheap insurance that the iron doesn’t end up back in the water. I wouldn’t worry about pH unless things hang and your numbers are way out.

Reactions: Chuckiechan
BTW, The pool app did say to add acid. I used Boric acid as my choice, rathe than the tetraborate pentahydrate.

What is the benefit over 20 mule team? I'm thinking it may not be worth the hassle if it a wash. I'm in the "gathering phase" of supplies for an ascorbic acid soak, pump out, repair, refill back to SWG specs.

BTW, thanks for helping here.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.