I'm confused.

We have a ladder like this. Periodically I take a syringe of straight bleach and inject it straight into the holes. Continue to do that to all the holes until I have used up one to two cups of bleach. I do it about once a month or every 6 weeks and it seems to keep things sanitized.

Until I figure out one of those hosting sites,I just deleted a couple of pics. So here are some other pics to check out.

Attachments

• 20160917_134558-2.jpg
    20160917_134558-2.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 71
  • 20160917_122213.jpg
    20160917_122213.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 70
We have a ladder like this. Periodically I take a syringe of straight bleach and inject it straight into the holes. Continue to do that to all the holes until I have used up one to two cups of bleach. I do it about once a month or every 6 weeks and it seems to keep things sanitized.

Thank you! That is good info to have!

Now that I can see the size of the holes and how it all goes together that is just what I was thinking would work. It is nice to hear from someone that has "been there, done that"!

Tsudduth, your pool looks awesome! That is so clear!

I wonder if a rubbermaid tub would be easier to to do this in. You could lay them down and not have to turn them. BUT hopefully you will not have to do this again with the syringe idea!

:kim:

We had another rainstorm last night. That plus another commitment got in the way of moving to the OCLT portion of this program. I will begin that test this evening.

I want to thank all who contributed to this thread and held my hand thru this process. TFP is a great resource of knowledge and help.

Here is a before and after comparison

BEFORE

AFTER

- - - Updated - - -

Ps... I figured out Photobucket.

Also I found a reference on this website to an app called Pool Pal that is really cool.

Look at what you did! You cleared your pool!

I am going to share a set of links I put together for people new to pools and/or TFP. You have seen most of them but I do not want to leave any out.

Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Make sure to ask any and all questions you might have no matter how small! We have all been where you are at one point.

:hug: Nice work!

:kim:

Thanks for the links kimkats. I wish I had known about this website years ago. I had a similar incident with a 12X20 Intex soft sided pool with SWG and gave up after about a week of no progress. I ended up taking it down and and eventually threw it away. I am a true believer in the TFP system now and will spread the word.

Thanks again.

Ok, so I have started the OCLT.

FC is 23 ppm.

The water is crystal clear and the CC is at .5 or less. I will post a report in the morning to let everyone know if I am done with the Slam.

If the Slam is complete, I assume that I will let the FC naturally fall back to normal levels and start testing pH and the other perameters. Is there anything I am forgetting about?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If the Slam is complete, I assume that I will let the FC naturally fall back to normal levels and start testing pH and the other perameters. Is there anything I am forgetting about?

Yes, allow the FC to naturally fall back to normal levels. Please test every few days as the FC will drop based on a % and not a flat amount per day. Once you reach near the minimum, then add enough bleach daily to increase to the recommended levels. If you find at the end of the week (after testing), that you are over, then you can scale back or skip a day in between.

Personally, I use my Taylor K-100 to test FC and PH daily. In the middle of the week, I run the extended test with the speed stir (a lot of fun) to check the exact levels (only for chlorine and nothing else). Weekly, I test for TA, FC, CC, PH. Monthly, I add CYA and CH. Testing your pool water often is essential to making sure you avoid problems.

In a total of 3 years, I have not seen a trace of algae and my water has been crystal clear. Good job on your pool!

Ok so this morning I tested my water an here are the results.

FC 23
CC 1

I need to revise last nights results as I forgot to subtract th cc (0.5) from the results. I also suspect that I missed a drop or 2 when testing TC. I would still be at 1 ppm or less of FC loss. Does it matter that CC jumped up 0.5?

Does it matter that CC jumped up 0.5?

Yes, you should be at .5 or less. Please make sure the water has turned completely clear before adding the agent to test for CC. You may want to add one last drop and if the color does not change, then back off the last drop. One more day should do the trick as your water is clean. Maybe there was a testing error. Take your time and follow the directions and maybe you are still at .5 or less.

Ok so now I have a new problem. With my slam number for FC st 24, I have been going through the R-0871 reagent fast. I have some on order but I may run out before it arrives. I had read somewhere on TFP that It's possible to cut the water sample down to 5 ml an use half the reagent. Is this true?

Because you have made progress, adding 50% of your normal dosage for a few days until the reagents arrive is no big deal. If you have been keeping excellent records and you know approximately how much you have been loosing each day, then it would be easier to add some bleach for the next few days. The SLAM just may take a few days longer. The pool does look a lot better from the pictures.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.