I'm about to convert to SWG, double check my plan?

dippper

Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2020
Sacramento, CA
Hey folks, just want to run this by all of you pool nerds before I start spending money.
We've got a 28k gallon pool and a Pentair Superflo VS pump. I'd like to add a Circupool RJ60+ in place of the tablet feeder. I'll continue to run the pump from it's built in timer, and run the SWG off an existing Intermatic timer that used to run the previous non VS pump.
Discount Salt Pools has their $10 upgrade sale running right now, so the RJ60 is $1,558.

I'm not sure why there is the length of pipe that runs down next to the pad and then up to the tablet dispenser, should I eliminate that and go straight across?

Anything else I should consider? Any other vendors?
Thanks!!

Attachments

• signal-2022-03-24-140548_001.jpeg
    signal-2022-03-24-140548_001.jpeg
    750.4 KB · Views: 36
  • signal-2022-03-24-140548_003.jpeg
    signal-2022-03-24-140548_003.jpeg
    875 KB · Views: 36
  • signal-2022-03-24-140548_002.jpeg
    signal-2022-03-24-140548_002.jpeg
    828.3 KB · Views: 36
Why not connect the SWG to the same timer and power as the pump? That way they both turn on and off at the same time and no need to keep two timers in synch.

I'm not sure why there is the length of pipe that runs down next to the pad and then up to the tablet dispenser, should I eliminate that and go straight across?

They ran the pipe along the ground to support it.

With a long run of pipe in the air someone can lean on it and crack it.

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Why not connect the SWG to the same timer and power as the pump? That way they both turn on and off at the same time and no need to keep two timers in synch.
The pump has it's own built in control panel and I'm pretty sure it can't control another device. I'd much prefer to do it this way, but I don't think I can
They ran the pipe along the ground to support it.

With a long run of pipe in the air someone can lean on it and crack it.
Ok, cool. I should probably leave it like it is then, because the person who would come along and lean on it and crack it would be me. The person who would then have to fix it would also be me.

Reactions: Mdragger88
The pump has it's own built in control panel and I'm pretty sure it can't control another device. I'd much prefer to do it this way, but I don't think I can

I missed that your pump is a VS and you were talking about the internal timer.

So connect the SWG to the Intematic timer for power.

The timer a T101 120V timer or a T104 240V timer?

D,

What kind of speed and schedule do you currently have your SuperFlo VS running?

Thanks,

Jim R.
I just realized I was hitting the reply button for the wrong post, so to repost my reply
I'm running 12hrs/day at 1450rpm. Which is honestly kind of arbitrary. I just saw there was an article on calculating the run time and speed based on pool size, and I thought to myself I should really read that so I have better reasoning for my settings

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
D,

If you only run the pump at one speed, then you can (if you want) just wire the pump and SWCG to the same timer.

You set the pump to run 24/7, but set the actual time you want the pump and SWCG to run on the external timer. When the pump gets power from the timer, it will just start to run at whatever speed you have set. It will stop when the timer turns off.

Just an option, as either plan will work.

Jim R.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.