IG Vinyl Build: It's Happening!

Concrete forms are up! Of course, rain for Monday/Tuesday. Scheduled to pour Thursday 🤞.

Really hoping things go accordingly and weather cooperates and stays warm. Would really like to get fence up and grading/grass done. Just need another good week or two after this one.
13187BF1-828D-4A93-9669-86C0E88A7BC6.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: KfenTx and Newdude
Perhaps I had unrealistic expectations or perhaps the pool was just too dirty from the construction. Or perhaps E5 is like my other children and just doesn’t do it right when it comes to chores. E5 timed out at 2 hours, didn’t even come close to covering the whole pool and didn’t clean as well as I thought it would. Here’s a pic of the basket when it was done. Will run it again tomorrow and see how it does.
731F220A-91CD-4E75-A0AD-BA76E2B688F8.jpeg

You're going to need some extra runs to get clean. Then once you're clean, it can miss a little this time and you won't know by next time.

Even after the patio, there is still going to be extra dirt blowing in creating a heavy load for the robot. Once the remaining grass grows, it should be much better. But then it will be spring and THATS worse too. 🤦‍♂️

Just like the dishes/laundry, it never ends. If the need ever arises, push the go button a second time and walk away whistling.

Ouch..... Cut the new guy some slack.... :ROFLMAO:
what…too demanding 😂
However I believe the other filters are for the heavy course stuff and those filters are for the finer stuff. Perhaps give them a try.... :)
On the manual it calls these the fine filter and the other ones I didn’t use the super fine filter 🤷‍♂️

You're going to need some extra runs to get clean.
Yeah, just gonna chalk it up to construction debris.
If the need ever arises, push the go button a second time and walk away whistling.
That’s what I figured. Guess I got a pool that’s too big for robots to get in one 2 hour pass or maybe just this A20. I ran a cycle again today, it does great and is super cool. I do like the fact I am cleaning without clogging up my filter and needing to backwash. However, in 2 hours I am estimating it only covers about 75-80% of my pool (based on my two runs since I can very clearly see where it has gone). Still, like all my children (E1-4), still love E5 😉

Reactions: Newdude
Love seeing you make progress. Next season is gonna be a blast for you and the family!

When my build was at this stage, it wasn't uncommon for the robot to run 4 times a day. Cycle ends > empty basket> start new cycle. It'll eventually start keeping up better, but as NewDude said, the surrounding dirt will pose a tough matchup until you get covered for winter.

Love seeing you make progress. Next season is gonna be a blast for you and the family!

When my build was at this stage, it wasn't uncommon for the robot to run 4 times a day. Cycle ends > empty basket> start new cycle. It'll eventually start keeping up better, but as NewDude said, the surrounding dirt will pose a tough matchup until you get covered for winter.
Thanks for the reassurance! And yes, looking forward to next year and finally getting to enjoy a pool!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ok, the handle is pointing backwards, which should be Backwash in that position.

Normally, the handle is left on Filter and I wanted to make sure that it wasn't the wrong valve.

1667428146481.png

2" Threaded Multiport Valve for Sand and Quad D.E - 261055

Reactions: Newdude
Concrete pour tomorrow! Should be a beautiful day! Any last minute tips on making sure it's done right? Jigs are set, I know to make sure they pull the duct tape off the coping immediately, wipe the skimmer lids immediately.

......speaking of bonding.....

Ensure your rebar is tied into the pool grid. My patio guy subbed out the concrete so maybe he just didn't know because it wasnt his thing, but it was news to him which surprised me. Once I got thinking about it, the patios are done here long after the final inspection and anything goes.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.