IG Vinyl Build: It's Happening!

Tell them to be careful not to get concrete sawdust in the pool.

Float a tarp in the water to catch most of what does get into the pool. Duct tape the tarp to the edge of the pool. Then when they are done flip over the tarp to dump any debris back on the deck and not in the water.

• Love
Reactions: TKpoolOH
Tell them to be careful not to get concrete sawdust in the pool.

The dust is very bad for the chemistry and for the sand filter and chips can be sharp and possibly cut the liner.
Thanks for the info. Pump/filter isn’t running and won’t until spring. Will keep a close eye on chemistry. Planned to use E5 (my Dolphin A20) to clean up once it settles.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Use painter's tape.

Duct tape will leave a sticky residue.
Great tip! We were actually talking about that this morning with the concrete crew. I actually have 2 different duct tapes, one that goes on and off more like painters tape and then one which will hold your umbrella down in a hurricane and leaves all kind of residue! 😂

Reactions: Newdude
Use painter's tape.

Duct tape will leave a sticky residue.

OK, if painters tape holds with the wetness. If not...

Reactions: TKpoolOH
Are you going to be home for the cuts ? I had to cut the slab in my finished basement at the old place and I held the shop vac real close while my buddy cut and we got most of it.

Or see how well the PB thinks he could do similar. He's been real accommodating so far, if he can mitigate most of the debris, I'm sure he would. Or he'd tell you that a tarp was the only way.

Are you going to be home for the cuts ? I had to cut the slab in my finished basement at the old place and I held the shop vac real close while my buddy cut and we got most of it.

Or see how well the PB thinks he could do similar. He's been real accommodating so far, if he can mitigate most of the debris, I'm sure he would. Or he'd tell you that a tarp was the only way.
Great suggestion! Yes, I’ll be home. And wide awake…he’s coming at 8:30 tomorrow morning and I will be getting up at 5 am 😩 to pick up my son from an overnight extravaganza at church.

OK, if painters tape holds with the wetness. If not...

Do you really want to try to remove duct tape residue from about 150 linear feet of coping?

The solvent will probably damage the paint on the coping and it might remove the liner pattern as it drips down the walls.

Maybe use a tarp on the pool or create a wall of plastic with some sort of stand like maybe some 1.5” PVC stands and then painter’s tape on the bottom to hold the plastic down.

1667597031120.png

Maybe use a tarp on the pool or create a wall of plastic with some sort of stand like maybe some 1.5” PVC stands and then painter’s tape on the bottom to hold the plastic down.
Or hold up plastic sheeting, dude on one end, dudette or dude Jr on the other end and a few bricks along the bottom to stop it from blowing.

All this talk of concrete dust and bricks around the pool.

I am monkey-looking-away-meme this thread right now. I've been non stop cutting concrete pavers near my tarp-less exposed pool. Of course, I'm aiming all of the cut debris away from the pool and not cutting directly next to it but still.

I can't imagine a wet saw will throw that much (any?) dust and debris into the pool provided the contractor isn't cutting in the direction that flings debris into it. As long as they start away from the pool and work their way in I'd expect things to be fine.

What chemistry issues arise from concrete dust getting in the pool? I'd expect pH to rise, right?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.