IG Vinyl Build: It's Happening!

Always try to stay positive about this. Today, splitting and hauling wood for next winter was thinking about the pool too much. Listening to Klove radio for all you Christian music lovers out there, and for those who don’t enjoy it, Blessing Offor’s song Brighter Days came on. If blind man can sing words like that, I can get over not having my pool and relax. God bless everyone!

Have I quoted Jack Sparrow yet here ?

The problem is never the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.

Hang in there. :hug:
Thanks! After hearing about the Depp/Heard trial, I have to imagine Johnny didn’t write that line :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Newdude
Hoping for some suggestions once this build gets started. My PB is apparently going to cheat me out of some equipment that was in the original contract October 2020 and other equipment changes that were made in January 2021. I give the dates because the supply challenges should have no bearing on my pool since everything has been known for 18 months! Anyhow, to start, PB ordered wrong slide (SRS Turbotwister) when 10/20 contract stated Typhoon. My project doesn't doesn't even allow the space for the TurboTwister🤦‍♂️. I've already remedied the slide on my own.

Another major thing is the PB has completely ignored my plumbing diagram requests since Jan 2022 and even further back. PB ordered wrong/not enough valves, so I am working on getting that corrected on my own. Not a big problem, I can handle, but why am I GC'ing my own build when I've paid for it to all be done for me.

Biggest problem: PB has most of my equipment wrong or completely missing. Original contract had IC60. PB never even ordered one. Original contract had 1.5 hp superflo, changed 01/2021 to 3 hp IntelliFlo. PB still ordered superflo. Added IntelliConnect 01/2021, PB never ordered. Looks like there's no way I'll be able to qualify for the Pentair 3 year warranty now because I won't have 3 items on the same invoice. My other equipment is TR100 filter and UT 140 which appear to have been ordered correctly. I wouldn't wish this PB on anybody, even Voldemort.

What would be best way to set up the pool/equipment pad/plumbing, knowing changes will be made later when right equipment arrives, with this wrong equipment? There's something about "unions" or something to make equipment connections easier? Obviously, need to leave appropriate space for any missing/wrong equipment? Tapping @Newdude @ajw22 @jimmythegreek @Dirk @Mdragger88 @Leebo

• Sad
Reactions: KfenTx
Make it easier for us. List what will be installed on the interim and next to it what it will eventually be swapped for.

Make it easier for us. List what will be installed on the interim and next to it what it will eventually be swapped for.
Barring a miracle, here's what will be installed (with changes later):

Pentair 1.5 hp Superflo (Eventually, change to Pentair 3 hp Intelliflo (011028 or 011056, whichever is first available))
TR100 Sand Filter
UltraTemp 140
No SWG (Eventually, add Pentair IC60)
No Automation (Eventually, add Pentair IntelliConnect

2 Skimmers plumbed independently with 2 way Jandy Neverlubes at pump
3 Returns with 2 way Jandy Neverlubes after UT 140/IC60
1 Slide Return with 2 way Jandy Neverlubes after UT 140/IC60

I think that's all the pertinent details you're looking for?

Looks like there's no way I'll be able to qualify for the Pentair 3 year warranty now because I won't have 3 items on the same invoice.
That is not necessarily true, so there's hope. When I bought a bunch of Pentair gear, I didn't technically qualify for the three-year warranty, because I didn't purchase a Pentair filter (I already owned one). And I doubt my contractor bought all the other gear on a single invoice. I think he had some of it in stock. Anywho, he called Pentair directly and negotiated the three-year warranty on my behalf (or on his behalf, depending on how ya look at it). So Pentair can fudge the warranty if they want to, or if the right approach is used. I'd say your "sob story" has a shot: that you wanted all Pentair, and that you bought all Pentair, and that you wanted the warranty, but just couldn't manage the single invoice because of _____________ (fill in the blank: contractor-this, supply-chain-that, whatever). Coordinate with the contractor about this, it may or may not be better coming from him. If that doesn't work, call Pentair yourself (your warranty is with them, anyway, not the contractor). And if that doesn't work, call 'em back and try again. The ol' keep-callin'-till-you-get-a-sympathetic-ear trick.

Not a big problem, I can handle, but why am I GC'ing my own build when I've paid for it to all be done for me.
:hug: I KNOW. :ROFLMAO:

There's something about "unions" or something to make equipment connections easier?
Just the unions themselves. Keep the side that's good and replace the new side with half a $17 new union. See below. I could swap anything out as need be. Maybe have to replace a valve too, but no biggie.

20220523_160135.jpg

I left space for a heater down the road and without a SWG you can plumb in a dummy cell now. It's pricey on Amazon but cheaper elsewhere.

• Love
Reactions: TKpoolOH
I think the Superflo pump has slightly different dimensions from the IntelliFlo and will require plumbing adjustments. So your pool pad layout and plumbing should consider that the pump will be replaced and the pipes should not cut too close.

For the IntelliFlo pump look for "2 PACK -CMP Hi-Temp Union 2" inch 2MIP x 2" inch PVC Whisperflo & Intelliflo - 2 PACK on Amazon.

A long run should be installed out of the heater where the IntelliChlor cell will be installed.

The electrical wiring and conduits from the CB panel to the devices should be planned so the electrical can easily be rerouted through the IntelliConnect.

Basically the plumber and electrician should plan and visualize the final layout and install for it.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Perhaps one of you can fill me in on this too: why do the Jandy Neverlubes come in 2" x 2.5"? If the unions come in 2" x 2" shouldn't the valves come in 2" x 2"? All my PVC is 2": Lasco AAA-56-4166 plus requisite Ells and fittings.

Perhaps one of you can fill me in on this too: why do the Jandy Neverlubes come in 2" x 2.5"? If the unions come in 2" x 2" shouldn't the valves come in 2" x 2"? All my PVC is 2": Lasco AAA-56-4166 plus requisite Ells and fittings.
B08EA840-FC55-474B-BFCA-5701F0E55D3B.png

The 2.5 is using the outside of the valve body to slide inside the 2.5 pipe. Many use larger pipe for suction and it just makes the 3 way more versatile.

Or you slip the 2 inch pipe inside the 3 way valve body for that size.

The unions are for the equipment which will all be 2 inch. Or use 1.5 unions with smaller equipment.

@TKpoolOH. I had a bit of an epiphany today after not crying over spilt milk with some electrician setbacks.

They have now spilt enough milk that I can 🤬 SWIM in it.

:party::party::party::party::party::party::party:

• Haha
Question on PVC. Had to order more on my own because PB didn’t order enough to run independent lines for everything. Anything wrong with this quote? It’s all SCH40 but the pipes say SCH/DWV. I know DWV isn’t good but if it’s SCH40 is it ok?

Attachments

• S3916705-0002_229340.pdf
    22.3 KB · Views: 9
Question on PVC. Had to order more on my own because PB didn’t order enough to run independent lines for everything. Anything wrong with this quote? It’s all SCH40 but the pipes say SCH/DWV. I know DWV isn’t good but if it’s SCH40 is it ok?

Dual use SCH 40/DWV is fine. It is overbuilt for DWV use.

It's 'reverse compatable'. It can handle pressure, but doesn't necessarily have to. (y)

It's funny because I sorted through the pile they dropped off for my build and the DWV stamps were the first thing i saw. I was ready to flip before I saw the pressure ratings. Wait. My bad. It can do both. 🤦‍♂️ For all my calls to the PB, that one would have been embarrassing.

• Haha

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.