IG pool build League City TX

A little update and a question. Electrical and plumbing are set for cover inspection Monday and if all passes cover the same day depending what time inspectors come by. Tile/coping starts Tuesday.
I need a blower for the spa and was wondering how many horse power should I get? I see the range from 1hp -2hp? Do I need a specific type to tie it into my Intellicenter?

I know our pools are somewhat similar so I can tell which blower we have. It’s a Jandy PSB215. It seems to work just fine. I’m not sure how they determine which HP model to use but ours is 1.5 HP. It ties in to our Hayward automation so I can only speculate that it will work with the Intellicenter but hopefully some one more knowledgeable can chime in.

I know our pools are somewhat similar so I can tell which blower we have. It’s a Jandy PSB215. It seems to work just fine. I’m not sure how they determine which HP model to use but ours is 1.5 HP. It ties in to our Hayward automation so I can only speculate that it will work with the Intellicenter but hopefully some one more knowledgeable can chime in.

I say go with what someone else knows work!!

We are getting closer:giggle:

Thank you JB
After a little more research on the blower it was in my plans to use 1.5hp blower. ugh.. Electrician hooked it up with no problem. now will just have to see how this automation works.

Today still waiting for building inspector to pass my decking. Depending on our weather here we should be pouring decking & coping tomorrow and everything ready for Pebble on Monday.
Decking Prep.re-bar.jpg

As we are waiting around I'm going to go ahead and test my tap water that I will be using to fill pool and see what results I get.

Reactions: Jbrillo
Thanks John! Congrats on your pour! Hopefully I will be enjoys a cool one as I watch my cement drying.

I did a test on my tap water and these are my results.
PH 8.2 so it looked to me
PH 4-17 tap water.jpg

CH 2500 PPM
TA 130

So looks like I need to have some Muriatic Acid, Calcuim Chloride and baking soda on hand for pool start up. Correct?

?
Yes my bad guys CH is Only 250 PPM.

Rain did not move out quick enough out of the area today so we will have a rain delay. BOO but give me a chance to try to replace the channel drain with a different type of model that has a removable top.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Good! Man you had me worried there for a min!!

Okay so we know your pH is going to start out high so make plans to have some muriatic acid on hand at all times. Find a safe place to store it where little hands cannot get to it. Make sure it is away from metal and a very well vented area. It also needs to be away from chlorine as they do not play well together.

Kim:kim:

The home depot around the corner has muriatic Acid (20 baume) so I can pick up there and some Chlorine( 8.5% liquid bleach) as well. What quantities are we talking about thou? What about other additives for CH and staining will I need to pick up at pool store?

That 20% acid is the "green" acid. They should have some 31% for the same cost!! It might be outside. I would get the two pack of it. Remember it needs to be stored away from chlorine and metal in a VERY well ventilated area that is safe from little hands and eyes.

Chlorine-make sure it is new as in within 3 months. Chlorine degrades over time and in the heat so don't get too much. I keep 10 gals. on hand at a time.

Will look for the 31% and keep it away from the little ones and chlorine. I'm going to have to look Walmart or Target for the chlorine couldn't find any information on the bottles HD had. 10 gallons o_O is that just for startup or do I need to keep that much around? Wouldn't my SWG produce enough?

That is what I get each time I get chlorine as all I use is liquid chlorine. This lasts me 12 days. With you having a SWG you will only need to keep a gal. or so around for fast increases of FC.

You will not be able to use the SWG for the first 30 days or so. Because of this you will need to know where to get some liquid chlorine from to use during this time.

GusGis,

I used Pool Essentials chlorinating liquid(in the pool supply aisle) from Walmart till my SWG was turned on. I also keep a gallon on hand for quick boosts. It’s 10% bleach, works well and it’s cheap. Just be sure to check the date on it. The numbers will say something like 18 291 on it. It means it was produced on the 291st day of 2018. Just be sure it’s not more than 6-months old or it’s may have lost its effectiveness.

Good morning,

I will hit up Walmart for 10 gallons or so to keep around for the first 30 days Kim . Thank you Jb I would be losing my mind trying to figure out the date on those bottles.
Crews are power washing decking this morning and sealing. Pebble clean/pre-crew will be here later today getting pool & spa ready for pebble sheen Thursday.

I don’t know why they have to number it like that but I figured it out thanks to reading it from someone here. Be sure to post some pics when you get plaster.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.