If it’s not one thing, it’s another… Tear in vinyl liner

Pflugerpool

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 25, 2014
Pflugerville, TX
So, yesterday morning my water level was getting a little lower than I like from evaporation… Or so I thought. I added about an inch of water to the pool with the hose, and then yesterday afternoon we got a really strong thunderstorm and it rained about another 3/4 of an inch.

When I looked at the pool this morning it was about an inch below where I normally keep it again. I scanned every inch of the pool this morning and couldn’t figure out where it’s leaking from and then this afternoon I found it… Right in the deepest part of the floor there is about a three-quarter inch triangular tear in the vinyl.

I donned a dive mask and strung some dive weights around my shoulders, and got a clear vinyl patch over it temporarily but I know that’s only a Band-Aid for the short term. I guess I’m going to need a new liner. Anyone got a pool company in the Central Texas area that they’ve used for vinyl before? Or any more permanent patch solutions?

I guess what I didn't really describe in my frustrated original post was that this liner is tired already. It's faded and got some weak spots. This is just the final straw that I've been avoiding the last couple of years. I hate to even think about it after just installing my SWCG and getting everything balanced just right, but I might be starting over. Or backfilling the whole thing and planting grass, lol.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.