Idiot dropped plug down pipe

Contentt

Silver Supporter
May 18, 2018
Vienna, VA
This idiot started opening the pool and dropped a plug down a pipe and wondering if it's time to call a pro. Right next to my skimmer is my Paramount in floor cleaning system debree canister/basket. It has four holes in it, one hole on side gets water from the skimmer, one hole on other side goes towards equipment pad and infloor system, and two holes in the bottom. I'm not 100% sure which hole the plug dropped into at the bottom, but I'd guess the one furthest from the pool. I tried using wet vac to suck it out but all I"m getting is water. I saw suggestions to try a magnet on a string, so that might be my next attempt.

I'm assuming I shouldn't open or turn anything on until I get the plug out. Is one hole worse off than the other?

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0365.jpg
    IMG_0365.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0366.jpg
    IMG_0366.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0367.jpg
    IMG_0367.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 12
Don’t turn anything on, most likely the port at the bottom of the paramount is the line to the pump. I would probably drain the pool level down or cap the skimmer port to paramount, assuming the paramount was where it dropped. That way you can pump the water out with shop vac.If you are lucky there is a 90 at the bottom of the paramount and you’ll be able to see it. You may get lucky with a long pair of needle nose.

Reactions: Contentt
+1 to the shop vac.

One of my rubber plugs sucked itself in one year at the equipment pad, past the first 90. It tool 20 mins alternating prayers and 4 letter words with the shop vac, but eventually it jiggled itself just so that it came out.

Reactions: Contentt