Ideas on covering up pool equipment

melonhead1382

Bronze Supporter
Jul 29, 2020
Lincoln, CA
Need some ideas on covering up the pool equipment and possibly making it efficient at the same time. The pool equipment can't go on either side of the house and really only has one place to go. We are going to do a long skinny pad right outside the patio door. Below is the plan. We orignally paid for the PB to build a stucco wall around the equipment but they started digging this weekend and had to move the pool a little closer to the house. So now that we get to see up close in person how much room there really is to walk between the pool and the equipment, a stucco wall making less room doesn't make sense.

So is there something you guys have done that not only covers it up but servers another purpose? Maybe something like building a bench that you can sit on? Or something else? We are getting a spa as well so we are putting the heater at the very end of the house and know nothing can be done with that and that's fine. We will also be adding an awning afterwards and the roof will hang over some of the equipment except for the heater.

Attachments

• Site Plan.JPG
    Site Plan.JPG
    202.7 KB · Views: 23
The layout you provided appears to indicate the pool equipment will be on your patio thus your desire to have the stucco wall. The heater and the pump will make some noise when it is running - more so the heater then the new variable speed pumps. If you are just trying to "hide it from sight", then suggest it be a removable type fence because you have to have room to access the equipment and one day replace or repair it. An awning is great to keep sun off of it as you indicated.
Maybe provide a picture of where the equipment pad is planned to be and let others consider alternatives based on actual photos than just a layout.

Why can't the equipment pad go further down the side wall past the AC unit?

The layout you provided appears to indicate the pool equipment will be on your patio thus your desire to have the stucco wall. The heater and the pump will make some noise when it is running - more so the heater then the new variable speed pumps. If you are just trying to "hide it from sight", then suggest it be a removable type fence because you have to have room to access the equipment and one day replace or repair it. An awning is great to keep sun off of it as you indicated.
Maybe provide a picture of where the equipment pad is planned to be and let others consider alternatives based on actual photos than just a layout.

Why can't the equipment pad go further down the side wall past the AC unit?

I live in the typical track homes in California. I only have 5 feet in between the house and the fence and my city requires 5 feet between the equipment and the fence. So the only place I can put the equipment is where it's going. You're right, we are already thinking about the removable fence but I was hoping there is something else we can do that could serve a 2nd purpose. I'm emailing my sales rep now to see if the equipment is going in a straight line along the house or if it's going to be an L shape like the site plan shows.

I only have 5 feet in between the house and the fence and my city requires 5 feet between the equipment and the fence.

Seems weird that they let you do it with the A/C, but not the pool equipment. The pads would be similar in size and the A/C probably sticks out farther.

Can you put it behind the pool, either in a corner of the yard or tucked behind the raised wall? You could hide anything visible with landscaping.

Seems weird that they let you do it with the A/C, but not the pool equipment. The pads would be similar in size and the A/C probably sticks out farther.

Can you put it behind the pool, either in a corner of the yard or tucked behind the raised wall? You could hide anything visible with landscaping.

Unfortunately I can't. The pool and spa is taking up the whole backyard so there is no where to put the equipment execpt the spot we are putting it in. The only other option is to put it on the other side of the house but there is more room on that side for the sitting area so it doesn't make sense there. It's funny because the AC unit is huge and is like a foot away from the fence but yet they want the pool equipment at least 5 feet away.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.