Ideal Salt Range

Welcome to the forum!
Both will work. But really you need a K1766 salinity test kit so you know the real salinity and then nudge it up to the level the IC is happy. You will want to run on the high side of salinity as you get rain and over flow and thus your salinity will fall. I run my salinity at 3200 ppm but I never get overflow.
I suggest you get a proper test kit, see Test Kits Compared. I suggest the TF100. A proper test kit is needed to get the accurate water chemistry results needed to follow the TFP protocols.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

Welcome to the forum!
Both will work. But really you need a K1766 salinity test kit so you know the real salinity and then nudge it up to the level the IC is happy. You will want to run on the high side of salinity as you get rain and over flow and thus your salinity will fall. I run my salinity at 3200 ppm but I never get overflow.
I suggest you get a proper test kit, see Test Kits Compared. I suggest the TF100. A proper test kit is needed to get the accurate water chemistry results needed to follow the TFP protocols.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

Thanks! My last test (yesterday) from a testing center was 2771 ppm and my TF kit should be arriving on Monday. I just need to know what range I should put into the Pool Math app.

Did you order the K1766? You need that as you are in an area your salinity will change with overflow, etc,

The range in Poolmath I use is 3000 to 3500. For you I would suggest 3200 - 3800.

Ann,

I believe that the IntelliChlor works between 2800 and 4500 with the "idea" of 3600...

I find that if my salt gets above 3500, I can start to taste the salt.. I run my pool at a salt level of 3400 and as it drops to about 3000, I will add an additional bag or two of salt.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.