Ideal equipment choices and configuration help

Rbelrod

Aug 16, 2020
Memphis, TN
Pool is under construction now. We have just the hole in the ground so we’re starting from a clean slate. The pool is Gunite 17x44. Inside this rectangle is a 6x10 spa that is level with the pool, no spillover. the pool also has a Baja shelf that is 10x10. We will have 8 deck jets And 6 led color lights. We would like the option to heat the pool as well. So my question is what is the ideal configuration for this set up for ease of use and efficiency? I want to be able to control all the features from my phone. I have been told I need two pumps, one for the pool and deck jets and one for the spa. I have thrown the idea around to have two heaters but then I read about actuators. I want to stay with one brand if possible for ease of automation. Can someone please tell me what is the best set up for my pool?

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on becoming a pool owner.
It may help if you post a graphic of your proposed pool layout. You mention no spillover from the spa to the pool. will it have its own dedicated circulation (it appears that way because you mention a dedicated pump). Will this be a salt water pool using a Salt Water Generator (SWG) to make chlorine or will you be adding chlorine manually? You can use 1 heater with valves to either heat the pool or the spa independently. Pentair makes an IntelliCenter which can control everything and is best if paired to Pentair pumps, heaters, SWG, etc. Have you selected a preliminary equipment list? Look forward to hearing more about it.
Please read the following and plan to buy a good test kit to manage your Chemistry
ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
Test Kits Compared
Recommended Levels

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.