G,

Pretty simple, just adjust the pump's speed until the flow light is off.. then slowly increase the speed a little at a time until until the flow light just comes on.. Add about 100 RPM and that is your best speed to run the SWCG.

I would not run less than 1,000 RPM just to keep the skimmers working..

I run at 1200 RPM but have a bigger pump and no heater. If you have a heater you will have to run at 1500 or so..

Each pool is different, so you just need to experiment to determine the speed that works best for you.

Thanks,

Jim R.

With the 1-1.5 hp is it possible to have too much flow for an IC40? The book says that if flow exceeds a certain amount it it not effective

G,

Even at full speed, I doubt you will have a problem... In the big picture the slower the better, just because it will save on the electrical bill.. As long as the flow switch is closed, pump speed does not really matter to chlorine production.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.