IC40 reading 9000ppm salt

Check the salinity a different reliable way.

Are you sure that you are doing the test correctly?

Did you check for scale?

Have you added salt lately?

If there is no scale, file a warranty claim and ask for a replacement cell.
Yep just tested again with my Taylor kit. 16 drops before the it turned to the salmon/brick color. 3200ppm. Not sure what’s going on. Probably going to leave it alone until the the day after the 4th and check for scale or file a claim

Reactions: JamesW
Ok, check for scale and clean if necessary.

Seems odd that the reading just suddenly went way off.

Did you add salt recently?
Nope I haven’t added salt since I added my first time in February. I over added originally to 4500 so it’s been slowly coming down and was at 3400 a couple weeks ago and 3200 today when I tested to verify the cell was off. Ya it’s bizarre how it all the sudden went out of whack. It’s weird too because I only noticed by accident when turning on my spillway through the app. I’m not getting any sort of alerts or errors through screen logic saying high salt. I have gotten that alert before when I accidentally added too much months ago so I know that alert exists. But I’m not getting it at all now. All very strange

Reactions: JamesW
j,

In your pic the "Cell" light is not on. :scratch:

Jim R.
Jim I have to be honest with you I’ve never even noticed that light going on and off 😂. I just always looked at the percent lights. It’s on now though. I guess my first picture caught it on an off cycle.

Attachments

• 93D306B8-0EFF-4AB3-9890-36BA668DBB8B.jpeg
    93D306B8-0EFF-4AB3-9890-36BA668DBB8B.jpeg
    327 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: Jimrahbe

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Nope I haven’t added salt since I added my first time in February. I over added originally to 4500 so it’s been slowly coming down and was at 3400 a couple weeks ago and 3200 today when I tested to verify the cell was off. Ya it’s bizarre how it all the sudden went out of whack. It’s weird too because I only noticed by accident when turning on my spillway through the app. I’m not getting any sort of alerts or errors through screen logic saying high salt. I have gotten that alert before when I accidentally added too much months ago so I know that alert exists. But I’m not getting it at all now. All very strange
Did you ever figure this out. I am having the same weird high salt reading issue. I have checked the level multiple times the salt cell reading is about +3000 from the other tests.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.