IC40 operating range and sensor

Bvacchiano

Silver Supporter
Apr 6, 2018
Sugar Land, Texas
I’ve read on here that the operating range was 2800-4500 ppm. I’m wondering is that based off the internal sensor or from the Taylor test kit? For instance my IC40 is reading 2950 right now. I realize my water temp is at 60 Deg so that there may be some error here. My Taylor shows 3400/3600 depending on what you call salmon color. Anyways my other question is if my SENSOR on the IC40 reads below 2850 will my cell show Low Salt (I guess a red light) and shut down or something? What happens below 2850???

B,

The cell reports what it "thinks" the salinity is... It does not matter if the actual salt level is 5000, if the cell thinks it is 2500, it will report low salt.. The IC40 has an internal temp sensor that is used to adjust the salinity reads. This sensor is part of the Flow Switch and is often the cause of low or high salt readings..

The Cell operates between 2800 and 4500 without any problems... Above 4500 it will show a high salt warning, but it will still work fine.

Between 2800 and 2600, it will show low salt, but still work on a reduced output basis... Anything less than 2600 will show low salt and the cell will no longer work.

Thanks,

Jim R.

- - - Updated - - -

I should add the colder it gets, the less accurate the salt level reading is, and even when working correctly it has a tolerance of +/- 500 ppm...

Reactions: kwlis
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.