IC40 High Water Temp Read & Low Salt

FattyLumpkin

Gold Supporter
May 19, 2016
Massachusetts
Hi - I did a quick search but didn't find this specific question. I have a 5-ish year old IC40 SWCG. This year, upon open (two days ago, I live in Mass), my display panel is reporting a water temp of 147 degrees. It's been relatively warm in Mass, but that seems just a tad high (it's really probably 55-60 degrees presently). I also brought the salt level up to 3200, as the IC40 was reporting low salt (red light). Now that it's up to 3200, it's still reporting low salt. I realize I should target 3600ish for ideal per TFP saltwater guidelines, but I don't know why the SWCG is reporting low salt at 3200, as that's not low. Any inputs appreciated. Is it likely that I have a bad sensor?

Probably two different sensors are bad. The system water temperature sensor, which is in the plumbing. Look for a clamp holding a sensor in the pipe with a wire going to the box.

The other one is in the cell flow sensor, which you can replace.

There is a sticker on the bottom of the cell that shows the date that the cell was made.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.