Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Moved from here... IC40 and low flow

While my situation is slightly different, I just want to make sure I’m understanding what I think I am about the ic40 swg. Mine isn’t wired to a separate breaker so I can’t turn off. I do like to set my pump to turn off at night, however, which of course sets off the red no flow light. Does this hurt anything with the SWG having the flow light on or is it merely not producing chlorine when it is on (which I am ok with)?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jen,

If your cell shows a no flow light with the pump off, it is not wired correctly.. When the pump is off all power must be removed from the cell's power supply... This is because it is possible for the cell to explode if the cell has power with the pump off. Granted, it does not happen all the often, but it does happen as proven here, several times...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Actually I do have another question. Per the OP he wanted to run the pump rpm’s lower that what is needed to keep the flow light from turning on. If I keep the pump on at night but at a very low rpm (flow light will come on if under 1800rpm) is this adequate to keep the salt cell from risk of exploding?

Correct. As long as water is flowing through the SWCG, the gases cannot collect and cause an explosion.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.