iAqualink 2.0 & Jandy VS pump setup to use different speeds at different time etc...

mihzyd777

Bronze Supporter
Jun 10, 2009
Manteca, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hello All,

Hope you can help with this one. Trying to help my neighbor setup his iAqualink 2.0 with his Jandy VS Pump and heat pump. I'm having a hard time in the Aqualink programming trying to figure out the following:

Pool pump will from from 8am-5pm everyday
I want the pump to filter from 8am-10am at 1400rpm
Then from 10:01am - 12:00pm turn up to 2000rpm and turn a Jandy valve so that it gives full power to the pool sweeper
Then from 12:01pm - 5pm turn pump speed back to 1400rpm to finish filter the pool

Also, is there a way to tell it to go from 1400rpm to 2000rpm when the heat pump kicks on and when the heat pump turns off it sets the pool pump back to 1400rpm?

The last thing I'd like to do is have 2 waterfall speed settings such as When I select a label called "Small Falls" it turn the Jandy Valve and slows the pump to 800rpm and then if I select "Large Falls" it speeds the pump up to 3000rpm....is this possible and if so how?

Hopefully I explained that somewhat clearly and appreciate any advice you can give.

Thank you!!!

Most of what you want to do is done with the scheduler. When you add a speed, simply select the keyword that you named that speed. If you use the heater keywords (Temp1, Temp2) as speed labels, then it will automatically increase your speed when you call for the heater. The keyword is different (Not Temp1/2) if you have a spa. I can't remember the name but it is in your setup.

Did your builder set up your "Cleaner" so that when you select it, the cleaner automatically increases speed? Note you can "Assign to Aux" any speed you want. So if you have a cleaner attached to the "Aux3" then you'd put that on the below "VSP Speed Setup" "Assign to Aux" column. This is the same thing for your falls, you would assign that JVA's AUX to the proper speed under the speed setup.

1611526280748.png
1611526386765.png
1611526507666.png

Thanks for the response @PoolGate this is what we have setup so far and I know it's probably not right but that's where I need the help lol. FYI "Buford" is what we decided to name the cleaner LOL. So the pump will run for 9 hours a day. I pump the heat pump in there so that it runs as it needs to reach it's desired temp come swim season during the pump run time. Then I want the cleaner to run only 3 hours out of the 9 hour runtime, but not sure if I did that right. Everything else I have no clue. When I go into the VSP Speed setup, everything you see there was already there I didn't put any of that. Also, I noticed you have an Aux labeled "Extra Aux", I don't have that on mine any.... Any ideas? Thank you!

1611556722323.png
1611556701798.png
1611556758961.png

My system is a PS4, which is aux1-3 plus the extra-aux for solar. I don't use solar so I re-purposed the solar aux which is called "extra aux". Do you have solar heat?

To schedule you heater, choose "temp1" or "temp2" in the schedule group. Make sure your "Temp1" and "Temp2" have the temps you want. I use one for non-swim days and one for swim days.

You don't need a "Heat Pump" label. Temp1 and Temp2 are your heater. Do they appear on your homescreen? When you press "Temp1/2" does your heater turn on?

Calling for the heater in the scheduler is kind of an odd way to run your heater btw. Heat pumps are designed to simply run and keep the pool at the set temperature. You can simply turn on Temp1 or Temp2 and let the thermostat decide if the heater runs or not.

Do you have a SWG? I run my pump 24x7 so I am making consistent chlorine.

Can you post the below screen? Whatever is assigned to your cleaner should be assigned to the speed you want when the cleaner runs.

1611580253723.png
1611580437020.png

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.