I was never OCD until I had a pool...

Feb 15, 2017
Little Elm, TX
I'm out with a flashlight watching my pool fill, infinitesimally, in the middle of the night. I have city water. Should I add another hose to the other bib and throw it in? Anything to be gained there? Aside from my own satisfaction of feeling that I 'did all I could'?

Well good morning to you! It is like watching a pot to see it boil. It will happen in time LOL.

I am not sure where you are (please put your state in your location) so this may not help you any but yes adding another hose will help spend up the filling process.

Is this a new pool?

Kim:kim:

When I initially filled my pool I used 3 hoses on 3 separate outdoor spigots. Our have mandatory backflow protection, so they somewhat restrict flow, so adding another hose to same spigot would not really help. 2 was a lot better, the third helped some more, but not as much as between them they used a lot of house's capability.

a 3rd hose will definitely help.
Just have to make sure it is hooked up to a neighbors faucet.
aside from that, I remember running a bunch of hoses from my house over night and the next morning couldn't figure out why I had low water pressure throughout the house after the pool was filled.
After looking at all the wrong places first, I realized I plugged up the whole house filter I installed,doesnt take much sediment when you have the best filter, good and bad on those things.Some day might eliminate from outdoor taps.

We used 2 hoses and once the shallow end got wet used a tape measure and checked the level twice 30 min apart to gauge the fill rate and set a timer based on when the math said we would be with in an hour of being full. Worked like a charm.

Well good morning to you! It is like watching a pot to see it boil. It will happen in time LOL.

I am not sure where you are (please put your state in your location) so this may not help you any but yes adding another hose will help spend up the filling process.

Is this a new pool?

Kim:kim:
Hi kimkats, sorry, we're in TX, Noth Dallas suburbs and yes, it is a new pool. My parents always had pools when I was growing up but, this is my first build so, it's really exciting for me! My husband, the mind reader, added another hose this morning and the pace seems to have picked up. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Yup! Good luck on the fill, and let us know how much water you get from the neighbors hose. :mrgreen:
Lol, I decided against asking him since when we offered him $500 to take down 2 sections of his fence for 8 hours to dig, and to ALSO to additionally, replace any and all damaged grass with new sod and ALSO to additionally, replace any damaged sprinkler heads, he countered back at $750 and a 10 page contract.

I'd rather fill the pool with an eyedropper than ask him for anything else. [emoji12]

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thank you, Triptyx, I will do that. Please forgive my newbie-ness, this is the first forum I've ever joined, in the history of 'The Internets'. :D TFP was too excellent a source of information
to let me stay in my non-forum comfort zone! If you see me make any other faux pas, please bring them to my attention. I don't want to embarrass myself more than usual.:D

Thank you, Triptyx, I will do that. Please forgive my newbie-ness, this is the first forum I've ever joined, in the history of 'The Internets'. :D TFP was too excellent a source of information
to let me stay in my non-forum comfort zone! If you see me make any other faux pas, please bring them to my attention. I don't want to embarrass myself more than usual.:D

LOL!!! Welcome to TFP!

TFP was the first forum I ever joined too! And look what happened! :shock:

Nothing to worry about, you're doing great! Thanks for getting that added. :)

To be honest, on most forums I don't put a location at all, but for this one your location is pretty important when you're getting advice.

It is definitely a lot at first, I was overwhelmed too. Just keep reading, testing and tweaking and you'll be there in no time.

I'm out in the boonies, away from all those folks! Like you. I'm out by Lake Lavon in the woods! There are pics in the link in my sig.

Hi Coco, love your name :handwave:

I'm afraid to say it sounds like you are well on the way to having a full blown case of sparklipoolitis
A lot of us here suffer from the condition and there is no known cure I am afraid ;)
I see you have already met a few of our regular friendly support group
The support group and a good test kit are essential to keeping your condition under control :laughblue:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.