I was never OCD until I had a pool...

LOL @ the eye dropper and your neighbor. Keep us posted, and we will help you with that OCD. Maybe make it worse, but you'll have a gorgeous pool, and your friends wont believe it when you say how easy it is...and that you never go the the Pool Store. :lol:

Hi,Coco.
Welcome to TFP!!
We are in Plano, and have been TFP-ing for a year now.
OCD lasted about a month.
You'll settle down soon when you see how easy, and inexpensive it is to keep your pool looking great.
get yourself a TF-100 test kit and a Speed Stir.
Then post some test results.
You'll be on your way soon.
Lots of great 'helpers' here.

No questions are silly ones.
We've all been in your shoes.

For this space, we are almost neighbors! Thanks for the kind words and for introducing yourself, we might have to start a DFW TFP meet up for all of our local members, or a 'round robin grill out' where we all go to somebody's pool for a swim and dinner!

Whadda ya think about THAT?:paddle:

Lol, I decided against asking him since when we offered him $500 to take down 2 sections of his fence for 8 hours to dig, and to ALSO to additionally, replace any and all damaged grass with new sod and ALSO to additionally, replace any damaged sprinkler heads, he countered back at $750 and a 10 page contract.

I'd rather fill the pool with an eyedropper than ask him for anything else.

I would have told the neighbor "never mind then" and given the $750 to the builder for extra trouble. lol

I would have told the neighbor "never mind then" and given the $750 to the builder for extra trouble. lol
Oh, that was SO tempting as an option! If we had only had been standing on principle, we'd have chosen the same route. However, the ground that we stood upon was a pile of our hard worked for money and the builder wanted an extra $3,000+ to dig with the smaller equipment so, in the end, we swallowed it, tried to repair the relationship, which I think we, more or less, accomplished and still saved some money in yhe end. Sometimes it pays to give in. It hurts, don't get me wrong but, as we all know, life hurts sometimes. In the end, everyone got something that they wanted. There are bigger problems in life, to be sure, it was relatively easy to let this one go. Super Annoying but, not catastrophic. Thanks for the feedback!

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Oh, that was SO tempting as an option! If we had only had been standing on principle, we'd have chosen the same route. However, the ground that we stood upon was a pile of our hard worked for money and the builder wanted an extra $3,000+ to dig with the smaller equipment so, in the end, we swallowed it, tried to repair the relationship, which I think we, more or less, accomplished and still saved some money in yhe end. Sometimes it pays to give in. It hurts, don't get me wrong but, as we all know, life hurts sometimes. In the end, everyone got something that they wanted. There are bigger problems in life, to be sure, it was relatively easy to let this one go. Super Annoying but, not catastrophic. Thanks for the feedback!

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Well played then! You do what you have to do to get the job done for as little as you can.

Kim:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.