I was a bad girl!

After talking with my husband & not wanting to worry all year, we decided to try and drain about 40% to the laundry sink using a cheap utility pump. Going to do that Saturday then fill back up & let pump run all night then retest Sunday morning. Then if I need to do again, I can then.

Reactions: kimkats
Since I'm already doing all this maintenance lol. Saturday will be the drain & refill & Sunday my son and I are finally going to fix a leak on pipe going to SWCG. It was due to something last year & my husband "helped" fixing it 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ I figure busy weekend while our temps are still wonky.

I will repeat what was suggested earlier: call your local wastewater facility. That's how I located my cleanout under some bushes after weeks of fruitless searching. They emailed me a diagram and done!

Reactions: Newdude
I will repeat what was suggested earlier: call your local wastewater facility. That's how I located my cleanout under some bushes after weeks of fruitless searching. They emailed me a diagram and done!
I will try but I'm sure our town utility place will laugh or I don't know. Either way, I have a plan in place it really isn't that big of a deal

No dice on utilities but I still have a solid plan for tomorrow. In prep for partial drain & fixing plumbing. I tested our fill water. I've done this before and it always baffles me 😂😂 based on this I should be ok after refilling for a little bit at least.

IMG_2178.png

No dice on utilities but I still have a solid plan for tomorrow. In prep for partial drain & fixing plumbing. I tested our fill water. I've done this before and it always baffles me 😂😂 based on this I should be ok after refilling for a little bit at least.

View attachment 491195

Pretty normal for Phoenix area water. I’d say your water is a skoosh bit softer than what we have down here in Tucson. The best CH I’ve ever seen from City of Tucson water supply is 180ppm … in the dead of winter when I don’t need any fill water. Mostly is hovers around 200-220ppm.

Reactions: clambert1273
Just a thought for finding the cleanout. If you live in a community with the same models for the homes. In many cases, there will be a mirror model, garage on the right side and the mirror with the garage on left. You might have a neighbor with your exact model and if they are neighborly you could see where their cleanout is. Yours should be in the same place. Again, just a thought.

Reactions: Mdragger88

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just a thought for finding the cleanout. If you live in a community with the same models for the homes. In many cases, there will be a mirror model, garage on the right side and the mirror with the garage on left. You might have a neighbor with your exact model and if they are neighborly you could see where their cleanout is. Yours should be in the same place. Again, just a thought.
Lol I don't people 😂😂😂

I would not walk away from that sink for too long. If that drain ever stopped or that hose gets loose from the sink, that room will flood in no time.
We haven't, we peek around every 15 min but it has the same consistent flow & drain working well. The hose is being held by the window lol

Draining went well, took it down to here & started filling back up with 2 hoses running wide open.IMG_2186.jpeg
While it was draining, my son & I fixed the leaking pipe or at least we hope we did 😂😂 it looks better lets just hope I don't have to tear it all out next weekend & redo again. Of course, while draining & system off ALL the neighborhood leaves flew in.

Reactions: Newdude and kimkats
Ok so here is where I am now

Before drain:

IMG_2190.jpeg
After
IMG_2191.jpeg

Now, I still can't run/use my SWG because a prong broke off on temp sensor plug and although I bought all new parts pretty much as we redid it all yesterday. That is connected to controller & I can't replace that plug. I'm sure when I call Circupool tomorrow the answer will be buy a pretty much new system & well that isn't in the realm of doable especially with the price gouging on swcg's now. So we will see what happens tomorrow. Looks like I'm gonna be jugging until I can figure it out.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.